Dumaguete Info Search

Christmas Dinner

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Lorraine, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    Happy Jacks Restober - Banilad - Dumaguete has a Christmas Dinner, 2PM, 25th Dec. Homemade Squash Soup with Cream and Garlic Croutons. Roast Turkey with all the trimmings. Apple Pie and Ice Cream. P400 Per Head. There is also live music from 7pm. You can check out the facebook page. Lots of events going on at Happy Jacks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Lorraine

Lorraine DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +69 / 21
    Blood Type:
    B-
    We have decided on White Chocolate Hills because it is close to us in Zambo. Buffet dinner Xmas eve with entertainment. P650 I think.

3. Keara Morse

Keara Morse DI New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes Dave it really depends on how you define Christmas dinner but I'm quite sure that when you say Christmas dinner it's festive in a way :smile: You got me at Jollibee's Chili Dog because it's my current favorite aside from their Peach Mango pie :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I decide to try the Mahogany Upland Resort Christmas eve dinner. It was attended by about 70 People. Everything that had been promised on the web site was delivered. It was a very good dinner event and would feel confident in recommending it to others. There will also be a New Years Eve dinner, and Valentines dinner in the future there.

By starting at 3 PM, the people were able to leave before it got dark, for those who are concerned about driving after the sun goes down.

If anyone else attended a Christmas dinner it would be nice to get a review here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    thanks for reporting on the dinner, dave. we're going to the new years buffet. i haven't tasted turkey since the early 70's and i'm really looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We were invited to atmosphere on Xmas day to a friend who lives there for turkey dinner.
    He happened to have an atmosphere Xmas dinner menu on hand for residents. It was a varied menu and some stuff I didn't know you could get here in the ph,I'm sure I would have enjoyed it but not at p3000 per head.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    We had (well I did) the best Christmas dinner I had for ages. Others Appetite and liking was just not for me this year so;
    [​IMG]

:thumbsup: Followed by a small [​IMG] That Roger (Broadside) gave me a couple of Years ago, LOL Well matured. All in All a good Day :wink:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Wish you had mentioned that. I would have brought some Bird's Custard Powder over and made a custard to 'share' with you :-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. boomerang

boomerang DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 1
    Where in Dumaguete can you buy instant mashed potatoes?

10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Buy potatoes,peel them,pop them into a pan and boil until soft,drain water and put back in pan,add milk,butter and a little black pepper to taste and mash! There you go instant mash!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1