Dumaguete Info Search

city veterinarians

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by onlymichael, Mar 20, 2013.

1. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
  2. ajayver

ajayver DI Member Showcase Reviewer

WordPress developer, Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I was Acuna customer before, but switched to Pet's Paradise which is in Harold's Mansion building.
    The problem with acuna doctor is that he is very bad in diagnosis - sometimes he doesn't even look on my dog. For example, my dog had some skin problems and he suggested to change his food to the one that is more expensive and was sold only in their shop before. It didn't help. So he said it can be parasites and started to use advocate which costs around 400 pesos. He said it will kill all parasites and worms, so he stopped giving deworming pills to my dog. Then my dog had worms and he said that he forgot that advocate is not deworming. He made a deworming which is very harmful to dogs immune system and my dog had a terrible allergy after that. It was caused by grass and he said that the only way to avoid this allergy is to keep my dog in cage always! Notice that he never looked on the dog, never touched it, never made any tests. He was just guessing all the times.

May be he is good in treatment or surgery, but he doesn't know how to detect what to heal.

So i switched to Pet's Paradise and my dog was healed after just around two weeks of treatment. Pets Paradise doctor just took some sample of my dog's skin and looked at it in the microscope, found some fungus and made an injection - that was all - no cage needed.

3. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Either I am reading your question wrong or everyone else is. I read it that you are looking for information on the Government Veterinary Office like the one just off the north highway near the Mercury Drug area. It is the Dumaguete City Veterinary Office. ( Government ).
    Office Directory |
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 2, colspan: 2"]City Veterinary Office[/TD]
    [TD="width: 35%"]Lourdes S. Socorro[/TD]
    [TD="width: 15%"]422-8128[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Sorry but we do not have any experience with them, but you could call or drop in and ask them.

4. OP
    OP
    onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks, once in awhile I get a reply to a question I asked.

5. OP
    OP
    onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Where is Pet's Paradise located? When I was in the USA I had a seriously ill cat. I went to about 12 vets, most of whom were incompetent and either failed to diagnose or misdiagnosed. Many people are under the impression because one graduated from medical school they know what they are doing. Not So. I finally euthanized the cat after spending 70,000 pesos on him when, after extensive research on my part I determined I could spend another 150,000 and he would still probably live only a few months longer.
    Besides he was suffering. I felt and still feel guilty that I betrayed a good friend (yes, a cat) but the problem with finding an honest and competent vet was one reason I did not get another pet. Cost me P7000 for them to come to my home and put him to sleep as I did not want to put the animal through additional stress.

I find the vets here in Dumag. think they have a monopoly and act accordingly. Not so. I will either not treat or find another source before I give my pet to someone who is not professional or incompetent.
    One vet here kept upping the price and would not give a treatment plan - a red flag.
    Another was mostly unresponsive to phone texts and was hard to talk to regarding estimate of costs
    Another promised to come to my house and look at the animal and did not. This is not just veterinarians, it's getting hard to find anyone who is both competent and professional. That's what George Carlin said:
    "As you get older you realize everyone (or was it most) is incompetent."