Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Clear Water Revival

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I agree. But its worth noting that not all Philippine bottled water facilities are well managed and maintained. On very rare occasions I have had bouts of LBM from bottled water coming from an unsanitary distributor. I doubt if any government officials check them over. Some of them may be selling tap water. So we pays our money and takes our chances and have the peace of mind that the water has 'probably' gone through a filtration process.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Maybe someone could pull some icebergs from near Antarctica to the Philippines, no need for desalination :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    You should consider supplying the GI pipe yourself. A neighbor had a well drilled and the pipe supplied by the drilling company only lasted 2 years before it rotted out. The water happened to be very acidic.
    I have not bought any GI pipe here but I do buy steel from time to time. Uy Matiao seem to have the best quality that I have found, certainly not the cheapest. If you are doing something as expensive as a well you will want to protect your investment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    I wouldn't drink tap water here, with a price of 1php/ liter for it to go thru filtration, it's an easy buy. I don't know how often the filters are actually cleaned so it is probably just a placebo, so I pretend it's good.

Each rainy season brings flooding from poor drainage and litter clogging tge little drainage there is.
    For rural areas, in addition to over fertilization the septic tanks here are.... Low standard.... with little or no drainfield nor filtration, some are 1 chamber (aka a hole in the ground with hollow blocks around and a dirt bottom.

We've had a private well and still buy our drinking water, my thinking is just because it test clean now, what happens with the next rainy season? What are people uphill from us doing? Best to be safe.

In addition, raw sewage is common. Every year there are stories of companies big and small cutting cost this way. The government stepped in to clean up Boracy as it was disgusting. If anyone thinks Manilla Bay is safe for swimming just because they added dolomite then I will also sell you some beachfront property in Navada, just outside of Las Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Nestlé recognized this back in 1969 and has been buying more and more mineral water companies and water sources over the years. In the end, they had 51 water companies only alone in the USA. It was actually a gold mine. Then they became too powerful and sold the North America business in 2021. Officially to concentrate more in some other business fields. There were also a few Nestlé scandals about their water business.. But their basic idea was correct. Water is the new gold.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2