Dumaguete Info Search

Club Revive

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Rye83, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I stopped by opening night, Saturday. It was well attended but not elbow-room only. There's seating around a largish dance floor and a view down from the upstairs balcony. Discography only, no provision for a band stand. No outdoor seating, and I did not check for a second exit. That said, the look is industrial, lots of metal like a converted wearhouse or garage, so not a fire trap as far as that goes. I will not become a regular if only because I patronize venues that hire local musicians. I don't understand promoting the DJ, special from Manila or whatever. Anyone can download a playlist from Spotify.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    One exit in the front the other is in the back next to the DJ booth.

I believe most of the DJs they will be hiring are locals. DJs from the bigger cities are special events and many times they bring a crowd with them. (I personally don't get the DJ following.....there are only so many ways to remix someone else's music.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    Don't mean to Hijack the thread or Distort it but just as matter of Interest, Does Why Not or CoCo have rear Exits I was just thinking of the Safety angle?

Jack :facepalm:

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I know Why Not does but good luck finding them. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I was here on opening night which was Halloween. It seemed well put together as nothing jumped out at me. Usually I notice negatives and ignore positives, so it must have been a positive experience. :wink:

It appears (from their Facebook page) that Revive will be a club, bar and serve food such as BBQ. From that description, it seems the location will have different "modes." I was out of my element because I was there during "club mode" and I'm not a clubbing type of person.

I will check it out later when I can order their BBQ. If I'm eating food from a new location, I want to be able to see what it looks like without being lit up bright blue by lasers.

Good luck to the owners. I know that Andy put a lot of work and passion into this venue. I believe that the opening night was one to be proud of. I will check it out again in the future when it has had a chance to settle down (or maybe it will be so successful that it will never settle down.)

Edit: I changed this post to be in a review format.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,870 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Where is the location? Looked at their website could not find any info.

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Starting at Pasta King go 1.5 blocks north. It will be on the right.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Sailor24

Sailor24 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Always a sign of declining business when one has to resort to false advertising "Thursdays Nights Free Juice Drinks For Ladies "

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    Have to ask here, Are they giving "Free" Juice Drinks to Ladies on Thursday Nights? If they are, then How can it be false Advertising dare I ask?