Dumaguete Info Search

Club Revive

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Rye83, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Sailor24

Sailor24 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Only if you win the " Best Dressed Lady " contest !

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Best stay on the Beer then or people will only talk :wink:

3. Sailor24

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    yes ! beer ........at OTHER bars , as was threatened by huge guy with blue shirt coz I simply questioned the false advertising . IMHO , if this obnoxious guy continues on hanging out there , it will be a repeat Zanzibar !

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Did you catch his name? What kind of threat was made?

5. Sailor24

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Mr. Obnoxious did not have the courtesy to introduce himself , so , if it turns out that he is management or part owner , it is a disgrace to the establishment ! That said , by description , he could easily be a guy named " Peter " . The threat was to physically throw me out of the place ! Remind me to never again question false advertising !

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    In the Philippines Just now, it does seem a Good Idea to curb ones conversation on Certain things,
    I am sure you will agree? but then, The boss has asked you a question on this issue. Maybe an answer to this question could bring you a little light relief :thumbsup:

Just saying :wink:

7. Sailor24

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    If in a known Pinoy establishment , Absolutely agree , however , Revive is known to be owned and operated by white men , therefore would automatically be held to higher standards of civility and an expectation of a reasonable trained management team who have the common sense and decency to properly address a customer and quickly resolve ANY issue without threats of hostility . Mr.Obnoxious has been identified and thus must be a member of this organization promoting thru false advertising of which a simple word called " plus " was obviously omitted to mislead customers . There is an old adage that says " If you treat one customer good , then he will tell ten people , however , if you treat one customer bad , he will tell one hundred people " ! So, between Mr.Obnoxious , false advertising and a 40p cover charge ...........Why Not wins every time !

8. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    I have been 3 times to Revive during different times of the week since they opened and each time have been greeted by the 4ner who is the principal backer. Each time (and I am no1 special) he has greeted me and offered both myself and my lady a complimentary drink. Not sure why you had a bad experience, but best you go back to Why Not and enjoy the ambiance there. Maybe the word :plus " was accidentally omitted. Based on what I have seen there as far as security, and atmosphere and clientele I think it is very unfair to compare what happened at Zanzi for not getting a free soft drink there...

9. Sailor24

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Your " comparison " is way off base and completely misses the point ! It is a hostile attitude which leads to major events when in fact could have easily been resolved . False advertising is very clear if you view the poster ! Waitress was completely inept and was at a loss to explain and was not sufficiently trained to know that someone with an answer could have and should have been produced who could properly explain . There is absolutely NO defense for open hostility when a question is asked ! As one with years of management experience , I would not tolerate the actions of either !

10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I sent him a PM. I don't have much say at Revive with how things are actually ran on a day to day basis but I will certainly voice my displeasure if customers are being treated wrong and things are being promised and not delivered. And I quite enjoy (foreign) "big guys" stepping up and telling me to p*ss off if it's not the owner.....or sometimes even if it is. :sneaky: I'll certainly be going in there on a Thursday to see what happens when my gf orders a juice. (I know there is a sign that mentions a promo on Thursdays.....but I also believe there is some fine print on the poster as well.)