Dumaguete Info Search

Club Revive

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Rye83, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Some people could interpret your comments as being a bit racist.
    Approaching people in a confrontational manner does not go over very well at all.

You reap what you sow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :wideyed: Wow.

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think I know what poster you are talking about (You are talking about the one behind the bar on the left if you are sitting at the bar right?). I'll get a picture of it tonight and post it here. Note: I thought it said something about ladies get in the bar free on ladies night (Thursday) and the "best dressed" gets something.....maybe free drinks. I could be mistaken though. Either way, once I post it here everyone will be able to see for themselves.)
    "Hey mother f*cker, why aren't you doing what your f*cking poster says? I'm not paying you f*ck*ng sh*t!"
    Not saying you said or acted this way but there are certainly reasons for "hostility" to customers....especially when alcohol is involved. I have always disagreed with the common American notion that "the customer is always right". Again, I'll post what the promo poster says tonight for everyone to see. If it is wrong or misleading then people should know about it.

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    IMG_20160108_233931.jpg

It is a bit misleading. I did hear a story about an Aussie that was treating the staff badly and making a scene over a glass of free juice from the owner though (and the Aussie did supposedly get a free juice but was told not to mistreat the staff again or he would be asked to leave). As always I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.

5. Sailor24

Sailor24 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Wrye , I can certainly understand you supporting Mr.Obnoxious given your financial interest in club , however , the Poster CLEARLY says what it says ! No way around that ! NO defense ! Also , there was NO racial intent at all in an attempt to simply describe 4ners . Also , you certainly are assuming or throwing out the scenario that a lot of foul language was used which is completely FALSE and that alcohol was a FACTOR when clearly it was NOT . At NO time was staff ever mistreated . Very simply , a QUESTION was asked ! An answer was never provided . Poor business ! There are NO excuses for hostility towards customers ! A logical question simply demands a logical answer !

Sailor24
    This message by Sailor24 has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Bad Form! Bad Form! x 1
  6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    What shocks me about this thread is finding out that there are people who live here and still believe there is any truth in advertising in Philippines, except for the brown skinned girls who still believe the skin whitener works. :banghead:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Sailor24

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Dave , therein lies the difference in expectations between a Pinoy establishment and one controlled by 4ners !

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Maybe you misread my post. Try again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sailor24

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Having spoken to both the Aussie and his companion , I can assure you that (1) Staff WAS NOT being treated badly (2) Pointing at a poster with FALSE ADVERTISING is NOT " making a scene " ( 3 ) NO alcohol was involved ( 4 ) NO foul language was involved . If you have a place of business and engage in FALSE ADVERTISING , sooner or later someone WILL call you out on it ! You can bet there is a 95% chance that it will not be a Pinoy but a 4ner ! If a manager/owner cannot introduce herself/himself, he/she has a problem ! There comes a time when you just have to admit that situation was poorly handled and learn from experienced managers how to handle questions ! This should help : 7 Steps For Dealing With Angry Customers

10. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    I dont see anything misleading. 1000 for best dressed and free fruit punch drink " not drinks " for the lady. Pretty straight forward to me......