Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Collecting all Jeepney routes in DGTE

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dr. Shiva, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Don't know where it is going but I think you will find it came from Valencia as they only have 3
    numbers

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    AHA. Thats another one. I also noticed, as I was driving around today, that the ones to Bacong have only 3 numbers. So that's Valencia, Bacong or Sibulan have 3 digits and their home town written on the board (sometimes in small print). All the ones with 4 digits seem to be Dumaguete City based and that is why you need to look at the numbers. Example: If you are in town and board a Sibulan based tricycle he will not charge as much to take you to Sibulan as a Dumaguete based tricycle. Well he will if you are not wise enough to know the difference but now we know.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I tend to see some sort of Pattern here, maybe it is the Dumaguete City Trikes that have 4 numbers and outlying municipalities that have only 3 on the other Hand Bacong may get more Valencia Trikes due to it's proximity.
    Just a thought :bookworm:

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I tend towards your first thoughts as the number boards on the Bacong and Sibulan 3 digit trikes have the name of their home terminal printed on them so it logically follows that Valencia must have their town name on the trike also.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Olongapo might have well organized jeepney routes but they certainly do not enforce any type of emission testing on their buses/jeepneys. Traffic in Olongapo is a nightmare (in a city of only 50-60k people) and driving there in anything other than an car is extremely hazardous to your health, as is pretty much anywhere within a 50-100 km radius of the NCR. It is definitely not something to emulate.

I really don't find the Jeepneys all that confusing in the Dumaguete area (or anywhere I've been in the Philippines). Most jeepneys I've seen have the routes written on the side and always pickup/drop-off people in the same location every day and usually at the same times. What are the benefit of having numbered/color coded routes over just writing the name of the destinations on the front of the jeepney/bus? I understand having the routes on a map, I suppose, but even on routes that are within the city jeepneys have their destinations written on them in most cities. Learn your barangays.

The only thing I think that really needs to change with the jeepney/trike model of public transportation is for the emission laws to be enforced. Doesn't really matter to me how old the vehicles are.

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    It would help more if there was a route number on the front. Have you noticed people craning their necks as a jeepney goes past to see where it is from? Look closer. I get a stiff neck from it. It is because the jeep from Sibulan, going to Dumaguete, takes a different route than the jeep from Amlan, going to Dumaguete, so its not enough to only know the destination if you want to get dropped off along the route. Same in Cebu when I used to take Jeepneys. So I take it you seldom if ever take a jeepney?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    But if you aren't familiar with the area or you are going somewhere other than your normal route the numbers mean nothing unless you have memorized the entire city's jeepney numbering scheme. Most I've seen have the route written all over them, including above the windshield or on the front grill/hood. When I'm in Cebu I normally take taxis, but when I'm feeling kuripot I just wave down any jeepney going in the direction I'm walking and ask them if they are going where I need to go. Does it slow them down if they aren't going to my destination? Sure. Do I care? Not in the least bit....and they don't seem to mind it either (the people driving in cars behind the jeepneys get irritated with it sometimes, but I'm not really concerned with their schedule either. They can honk all they like, I just give them a smile and a wave and let them fume. :wink:).

8. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The tricycles have unit (LTFRB) numbers, not route numbers. This is in most areas so. In Davao there are tricycles with route numbers. In Olongapo they are color coded to a fixed area.

A route number at the front is still more conveniant than nothing. As I was the first time in Cebu I learned very fast, that the 14D route goes from near the hotel to the Ayala mall. Or that all routes with a 06 was going to Guadaloupe. Why are most western cities are using route numbers on their public transport vehicles? Because of the much faster identification. It takes some time for someone driving only cars to get into any public transport system.

Btw: Olongapo have around 220k habitants.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  9. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a jeepeney franchise dgte/amlan for sale if any interested buyers, spend most of my time in china, so not on the ground to take care of it, good strong engine franchise expires 2019 and all documents are in order (franchise and vehicle), yearly registratration and sticker just completed any interested person, just pm me

175k, not a whole pile of room for negotiation but a little, probably should have stuck it in the classifieds section, but just ran with this thread

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Read Me - Autos for Sale - How to Post
    Probably.