Dumaguete Info Search

Commercial Flights

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by andiflip, Jul 11, 2020.

1. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I need to go to Scotland as soon as possible, can anyone confirm when we will have flights to Cebu and onward to Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific) So far every airline is taking reservations and then cancelling flights..
    Thanks..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,740 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If it's urgent, then you may want to look at getting onboard a PAL sweeper flight from DGT to MNL, and book a flight on China Air MNL to TPE (Taipei), then from TPE non stop to Amsterdam. From there it shouldn't be hard to get a flight to Scotland.
    The TPE AMS route avoids all of the Covid hotspots in the Middle East (Doha/Dubai/Kuwait/Abu Dhabi are all bad).
    Your biggest problem might be to get to Manila though.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    probably has no bearing on your situation but a friend booked with PAL today from cebu to los angeles and back beginning trip in december. i will imagine for the time being any departure will depend on who is reading the tea leaves in manila that day. i realize that is not very soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Had a British friend leave Dumaguete 2 weeks ago going to Europe with Etihad. Flew from Duma to Manila, Manila to Abu Dhabi (UAE), Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt. Should be possible I would think to either get to UK from Abu Dhabi or Frankfurt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    Go to the tourist information office and register your details and they can help getting to Cebu or Manila

6. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    You may already be aware, but Cathay Pacific CX-926 has been flying Cebu to Hong Kong 3x/week on a pretty reliable schedule, at least for the past couple of weeks. Agree that your biggest problem may be in getting to Cebu.
    https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CPA926

Edit:
    Since, as someone mentioned, getting a sweeper flight to Manila may be your best bet, the daily Cathay Pacific Manila to Hong Kong flight seems to be pretty reliable lately as well. Scroll down on the page to see the actual departure/arrival stats:
    https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CPA906?utm_source=DI&utm_medium=referral

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020