Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Computer repair--DGTech

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by jim787, May 11, 2022.

1. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I have patronized this very nice store on Perdices, downtown, to purchase peripherals. I would not think of it for repair of a laptop-workstation. But so it is, the authorized site of HP on-warranty service in our town, according to the main HP office in Makati. The computer being not actually broken down, I'm inclined to hobble along with the impaired display rather than entrust it. Does anyone have experience?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by danbandanna, May 11, 2022 (4 points)
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Best Answer
    If you will not entrust them to repair your display then you can attach an external display and keyboard if it stays on the desk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    The technician at DGTech (office at the rear) seemed quite competent. The solution was as suggested; they have a good selection of monitors to attach. Claiming warranty is problematic because it would have to be sent back to country of origin, my model not being available in Phs.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Unless you are doing competitive online gaming (or have a computer desk you work close to the screen from) a HD TV will do the trick and be much cheaper than a monitor. I have a 50 inch 4k TCL hooked up to my Alienware laptop (with a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU) and I don't have any issues with video or most PC games.

6. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    Algorithm on national road had some very cheap HP (non HD 19 Inch) standard computer monitors for 2500PHP. Super helpful staff for PC parts and peripherals and not that much more expensive for the equivalent items from Lazada. Highly recommend them from my few experiences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I have a 19 or 20inch monitor you can have free just give me a day or so to check if it still works it has not been used for a few months it is a Dell.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  8. OP
    OP
    jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I made the purchase on that visit to DGTech, a 19-inch display for p4k. It's nice and portable; I move it most afternoons from my desk in the airy front room to the air-conditioned man cave at the back. Algorithm is great, but DGTech services my HP warranty, and they have a greater selection of many peripherals.

• Like Like x 1