Dumaguete Info Search

Concrete Block vs. Wood Frame Construction

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by doromaner, Apr 29, 2012.

1. gecko

gecko DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Where did you find had the best hollow block? I am going to be putting up a fence, and will need to buy some. I think I want to get the 6 inch 700 PSI. Do you know how much these blocks "should" cost. Or am I going over board with the 6 inch 700 PSI.

2. robgie

robgie DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If no one pm you, where, The most I know making hollow blocks are on the Bacong road going towards Valencia, maybe 30 block makers there, even ones you cannot see from the road. You will have to tell them what grade you want, they say it, class a b or c.
    Just ask them how many blocks per bag of concrete in each grading, you can decide then. They also sell the 6 inch blocks too. From the national road going towards Valencia its about a mile up or so and the makers are on both sides the road.

3. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    Commercial wood usually available in Dumaguete Market is not the lumber taken from mature trees. It is not easy to find real hard wood.

4. gecko

gecko DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I think I will just go with the four inch block for the fence. It looks like, after you finish the sides, it ends up being about 5 or 6 inches any way.