Dumaguete Info Search

Continous brownouts

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by DavyL200, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Not a bad idea at all.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Can I buy one at Rob’s? It’s not one of those Chinese jobs is it that breaks down 20minutes after the warranty expires and where getting the replacement part involves endless hours on Ali Baba? If it can power 1/4 of Siquijor I’m sure it will keep the tv on at mine. Better still a sound system to drown out the karaoke. I’m trying to think of a genre that will really get up the noses of any self respecting senti loving dance with my father again wannabe Johnny Mathis. Suggestions please? Genres that is. I’ll start: krunk, sludge metal, Mongolian throat singing....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. hawkeye64

hawkeye64 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +35 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I find that good ole country music really gets to them. Especially the old stuff with a slow beat. Just the opposite of the disco or hip hop they seem to love. Hank Williams Sr. is one of my favorites. Puts em to sleep. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. hawkeye64

hawkeye64 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +35 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The key is to have a system that is several times louder than theirs. It took four guys to carry one speaker to my front porch. I have one a every corner of my house. When they play loud music. I play mine even louder. Then all of a sudden they turn theirs down. Lol. My neighbor says my music puts him to sleep. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    My latest complaint is that Sky Cable goes out when there is a brownout, so even having a backup power supply does not help to watch TV. Looks like I'll be looking for a replacement for Sky.

Just to be sure. Everyone with PLDT FIBR and a back up power system (battery, or generator or whatever) still gets Internet and TV over Internet, correct?

6. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Internet yes with pldt. No to fil products tv.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A friend who bought a house had change their name in noreco last week and whilst there complained about the continous brownouts in the bacong area. She was told go talk to the people who own the bamboo up the road which keep falling over the lines.
    Is it the publics job to sort out norecos nonsense as they cant stand up to any of these people? No its their job so they need bet their arse in gear and do their job instead of sat in their little yellow jeep all day.

8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Should be Norecco's job and Norecco should simply show up with a very large bill for repair and an estimate of potential damages to other clients due to a sudden brownout. If Norecco could hold private individuals responsible for carelessness causing brownouts financially I'm sure those issues would stop quick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Its not just the foreigners who are complaining now,check out the comments on the their crap fb page,locals are starting to get pissed off now also.
    Crap service with high costs. And another brownout this morn.

10. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    NORECO is just a private cooperative with no government authority. You and perhaps other neighbors (if you wish) can go to the barangay captain with a complaint. NORECO has already identified certain neighbor’s bamboo as the cause of brownouts. See if you can document that; write a statement and have the NORECO lady sign it if you can. Barangay will issue a notice for a hearing, based upon your complaint, and a notice will be delivered to bamboo owner-neighbor. Barangay captain will chair meeting in Bisaya so have translator or request English. There should be a defined out: Either bamboo-neighbor fixes problem by a simple agreement or if not, hopefully Barangay will chooseto sue bamboo-neighbor. NORECO is private concern, out of the picture, really. I suspect if your neighbors also be present to complain at this meeting, Barangay will more likely sue (after all, Captain will want to get elected again). If not, your Filipino significant other can run for captain next term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1