Dumaguete Info Search

Continous brownouts

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by DavyL200, Oct 15, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466

Yes its an idea but not in this barangay,its on the side of the highway toward valencia. As far as i and others are comcerned its noreco 11 problem to maintain the lines,they should be the ones to file a complaint. This issue has been going on for years now with no improvement and years of low voltage and brownouts.

2. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Well, sorry but I gave you not just “an” idea but the only practical idea. Solving problems like this is a big part of what barangays do. Even if you were to take legal action on your own, the law says you must have Barangay hearings first. I don’t care personally, this would not be NORECO’s problem. In fact, I might object to paying increased transmission charges on my bill if NORECO had to take responsibility for your problem which you refuse to fix. Take care of your own problems. Whom do you think could have empowered a private cooperative the authority to cut down some person’s bamboo anyway? If your neighborhood cannot, or more likely does not care to, control your neighbor’s bamboo problem to make him fix the problem he created, what can this private company do? :sheesh whiz;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    We've spent 3 one month moto trips in rural area's across Malaysian Borneo, Indonesia's Sulawesi, and Bali-Lombok-Sumbawa-Flores, this year. Guess how many "brownout's" the whole time traveling? ONE, for about 30 minutes. Indonesia is at least as poor, backward, and corrupt as here, while Malaysia is a step up. Add to that wifi was available and OK in almost every area. So, why is the Philippines so retarded? Grr!

4. furriner

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    The difference is that the Philippines is a democracy and democracy is not always the “friend” of efficient infrastructure. The democracy here perhaps needs to mature and encourage competition but that is actually happening, slowly. The authoritarian “democracies” you mention are much better suited to efficient infrastructure in a way similar to China. I still prefer the emergent democracy model, even with all of its drawbacks.

5. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Lets just clear one thing up,the area of bamboo is in valencia not bacong. So it would be a complete waste of time even trying i should think.
    And as you know taking legal action here is also a complete waste of time. Sheesh wizz!

6. furriner

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    My point is that if your neighbor, in whatever jurisdiction, is allegedly causing you a deprivation of electrical service, then the simple act of complaining about NORECO II as if they are responsible, is misdirected and unlikely to change your outcome. As for the efficacy of taking legal action here, we have done so in the past over civil matters and property disputes and it does work (as it has for us), it is NOT corrupt or weighted against foreigners and it is no slower than in the USA. But prior to court hearings, here you have the Barangay governmental units which are quite efficient actually, in resolving disputes by offering a public forum for grievances and encouraging a settlement acceptable to both party before being approved to take the dispute to court. Actually this process is something the USA could copy. You need the legal system here to protect you and it will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Tell the OFW's who know how to run a power grid to come back home. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. tel522

tel522 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 1
    I live in bali indonesia ,and I have to say the power is good , stable voltage no spikes or drops , the occasional cut during maintenance a couple of times a year for a few hours , I have had a stabilizer, cheap, around 20usd for 8 years, but it hardly ever does anything . How is it possible the Philippines is so bad ? , sounds like some of the african countries I lived in including somalia pre war .
    Sorry for you guys and you also pay a fortune in electricity bills for the privilege !

Plus we have fast mobile internet 4glte I pay 8usd per month for 40gb ,

I once thought about the philipines as a place to retire ,but I think il stick with bali for the moment ,it aint perfect for sure ,but it seems the philipines is worse ,sorry to say.

• Like Like x 4
  9. tel522

tel522 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 1
    Hi fyi info Indonesia has been a vigorous democracy for the last 20 years , ya not perfect for sure ,all the usual developing country problems ,corruption etc .
    But it has a good president in jokowi , bpjs a universal health care system ,which costs me 6 usd per month ,treatment free including dental , hospitals and dentists leave something to be desired in the way of equipment and maybe staff training ,but in general they do their best.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    In danger of derailing the thread, but Hank Williams on a Sunday morning at 7am would get to me. Didn’t the Murricans do this at Gitmo? The vets here should be able to come up with some ideas..so that’s a transformer, some industrial ear defenders, a set of Spinal Tap sized speakers turned up to 11, a collection of Hank Williams Snr cds... cheers. Amazing service this forum...

• Funny Funny x 1