Dumaguete Info Search

Update Controversial Subjects Sub-Forum Now Private

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is a better way to go about this. I have added an "Opt-In" option in everyone's account preferences. If you want access to the Controversial Subjects forum you will need to:
    1. Go to your account preferences. (Located here: Account Preferences)
    2. Scroll down to the bottom and look for these options: [​IMG]
    3. Check the private forum(s) you want access to.
    4. Click "Save Changes" at the bottom.
    Once you have saved these settings you will automatically be given access to the forums you selected. If you no longer want access remove the check from the box and save the settings. (No need to contact a moderator or myself.

Yes, there is a hidden NSFW humor forum. The warning is below the Opt-In option, probably best to read it before getting access to it.

Note: The forum checks to see if these boxes have been checked every 15 minutes....so the longest you will have to wait to get access is 15 minutes. Once you have been given access you will receive a trophy notification informing you that you can now view the private forum(s). Users who already have access do not need to check this box.

Also, new users that have less than 2 posts and users with the "Infamous" banner under their avatar will not be able to view these forums even if these boxes are checked. If you are a new member and want access get to posting, if you have the Infamous banner....stop being so mean.

As the title suggests the Controversial Subjects sub-forum is not private. If you wish view and post on Political/Religious subjects reply to this thread and I will add you to the usergroup that can view the sub-forum.

Once added to the usergroup no complaints about being offended or asking that members not talk about such topics will be tolerated and the person making the complaint will have access to the sub-forum permanently removed.

I will be making changes to the forum rules explaining that all political and religious topics (even those that concern the Philippines) must be made in this sub-forum and it will not be welcome on the public forums. Threads that were on the public forum before this thread was created will stay where they are unless someone replies to them.

If you see a post that is political or religious in nature on the public forums please use the "Report" link located under the post you feel has broken this rule. This applies to posts made by administrators and moderators as well; we are human too and make mistakes, please do not hesitate to report posts that break the rules even if it is coming from the forum staff.

The notice/rules for the Controversial Subjects sub-forum have been slightly modified:
    Again, the Controversial Subjects sub-forum is now private (and any posts you previously made in the sub-forum will stay there and you will not have access to view them). If you wish to view it you must reply to this thread. If you send a private message to me about this I will ignore it and you will not be added to the group.

--------------------------------------------------Posts Merged------------------------------------------------​

Just a quick note: the Controversial Subjects sub-forum and the titles of the threads will still be visible to all members. However, when you click on the thread link to view content you will get a permissions error. The unread posts should not show up on the new posts list if you do not have permission to view the thread content.

Also, the forum header and links color will be red instead of blue so there is absolutely no confusion which part of the forum users are in.

Both users above have been added. Once you post a reply above and I have given a like that means that I have added you to the correct usergroup.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. Peter

Peter DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 9
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I would like to stay on this thread as i find it a very interesting thread

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ahhh, that explains the "not authorized" error I got. Please add me to the group.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128

• Like Like x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Please add me to the user group

• Like Like x 1
  6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    please add me to the group

• Like Like x 1
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    add
    Add me too, thanks.
    I assume we will be allowed to double space following punctuation marks?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Please add me to the user group.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE

TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE DI Member ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer

Hospitality Industry
    Ratings:
    +122 / 31
    Request entry, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    yep, count me in please

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status: