Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Cooking American style

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Bdawg, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I suggest you experiment first ... once you feel you have got it almost right then please use the critical services provided by other ex-pats here.... just invite all members of this forum to eat your food! Just sounds SO GOOD!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Central Supply Technician.
    Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Thanks, I do okay at cooking. But I've never cooked professionally. However, most seem to like it okay. If I get the chance to cook something decent, I'd certainly invite the forum members to eat!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    I don't know how you cook but there are some things that are not always easy to find. Rennet, if you make cheese is not always easy to find. Instant Potato flakes, which I use in making Italian bread, are not always easy to find. Number 1 hard to find is Fennel seed. I have not found it yet anywhere and bring it with me when I come. I use it in Italian sausage, sauce, etc. Anis is available but I prefer to bring Fennel as it is sweeter and more flavorful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I don't know if this would be suitable, but I bought a box of 'IDAHO Supreme Instant Mash' (P85 and a USA product) from Lee Super Plaza only about 2 weeks ago. They are flakes (not powder) and listed as other uses are: Breading for meat, fish and poultry; extends and enhances meat loaf and hamburgers; thickener for soups and gravies; sprinkle on casseroles. I am hoping one day to make a shepherds' pie with it IF I can find good quality minced lamb.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    Yes, those would work, thanks for the tip

6. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    The tuesday/friday veggie market at EJ Blanco and National Hwy wil permit you to choose you won degree of ripeness on the tomatoes--lots of red ones there also!

• Like Like x 1