At the German DFAC here they make some really awesome "red cabbage" dish. I believe something is lost in translation as it seems like sauerkraut made out of red cabbage. Have you ever ran across the stuff in the PI?
I've never seen red cabbage here...asked the wife and she did not think cabbage was anything but green. Another thing I like quite a bit (after tweaking it a bit) is a crunchy seaweed with the local vinegar, onions, chili and garlic. May not be to everyone's taste but reminds my a great deal of a side dish from Korea and I've stated before that Korean food is by far my favorite. Shawn
Sounds like the description of (Borscht) which is a dish made from cabbage that contains beets which turns the entire dish red. I have had it a few time and it's a great dish. Just an observation of what it may be that you're mentioning! Germans are also big on this dish that may be the topic of discussion!
My lovely wife turned the big 3-0 today, 23rd of March. Spaghetti is normal here, which is cool as I like it as well...I just can not deal with the sauce here. We are getting ripe tomatoes in the market, not sauce tomatoes but worth a shot. I started cooking them down on the other night, garlic, onions, local bell peppers, clams, shrimp, salt, Italian seasoning and paprika. A fairly thick sauce as I did not puree things...it rocked by the way. 1 kilo of ground pork, 1/2 kilo of ground beef, bread cubes (wheat bread toasted and cut up), sage, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic and onion for the meatballs...putting hotdogs in spaghetti just freaks me out so that was not happening. Cooked in a baking pan on the pizza stone (not a stone but seems to work well, Weber has some cool things for their grills). I also did 2 kilo of chicken wings; simple marinade with sesame seeds, garlic and sea salt...these were knocked out by our guests in a minute. We had pancit, lumpia and a few other dishes as well. It was a pretty fun day, I got to spend most of my time cooking and my old wife got to spend time with friends and family. The meatballs and wings were a hit so am a bit proud of that. Shawn
Easy delicious summer treat for young and not so young. One small carton evaporated milk, 1/3 c chocolate syrup, mix and freeze in small containers for 4 hours. Takes me back to the fudgcicle as a kid. Make a double recipe, they will be gone quickly.
SORTEDfood is one of the world’s largest communities of food lovers. Started by a group of friends in London a few years ago, their food conversation has grown to include people from all over the globe, contributing ideas as well as thousands of tips and tricks for how to improve what they eat. Having grown the conversation across the internet, it finally has a home in this online platform through hundreds of high quality recipe videos from SORTEDfood, plus recipes and chats from the community. So build a profile, follow your favourite foodies and start uploading some of your best food photos and recipes, and join in the conversation! SORTEDfood SORTED Food - YouTube
Baking wings yields crisp skin without the mess and constant tending of frying. Divide the wings between our two sauces, or double one sauce recipe and use it on all 60 wings. Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe | Epicurious.com