Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Corona Virus - as of 4 feb

1. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    UPDATE: The lab that reported that the gene anomaly in the 2019-nCov was a copy of an HIV gene is a lab located in India. That lab has just announced that they are withdrawing their paper pending further analysis. They admit they released their results too soon, and they are working to confirm, and they want to see additional confirmation from an independent lab before they will release an updated version of the original publication.

To be clear, I'm not trying to push any narrative, I am just trying to share with you the information that I have found.

NotMyRealName: Those are all great questions. If the virus originated with a worker from the lab, they may not necessarily have lived close to the lab, and they could have started a chain of infections that could all been in various random locations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    So the virus lab in Wuhan was changing the genes (the 'master plan' for constructing the virus) within the bat corona virus and, it seems, introduced genes from HIV? I have read that a patient in Thailand has been successfully treated against nCoV using antiviral drugs used to treat HIV and influenza. I also note that a man died in Manila but was reported to have HIV but not nCoV - any connection?

Was the intention of using HIV to modify the protein coat? That would, of course, make it less receptive to existing immunity against the (original) unmodified protein coat. Or was the intention to use the modified corona virus to introduce some part of the HIV genes into a host as a form of HIV vaccine? Or was it in any way connected with trying to make a vaccine against cornaviruses? (Which China would be interested in after their experience of SARS).

Very dangerous to mess about with viruses - especially as labs worldwide have had escapees.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    JP, picky picky picky.. Sorry, I was just incredibly cranky this am cuz EVERYTHING in the Philippine news is total BS about the virus, just like the chinese news. ZERO friggin news from the Dumaguete Health office about how many are sick, how many PUI, how many quarantined. Very frustrating when I'm used to ACCURATE COMPLETE news like in the states (gag...). <BIG GRIN>. Maybe I'll just boycott EVERY DUMAGUETE BUSINESS until I find out what's really happening. Let the mayor work that into his coverups.... cripes.... Then somebody writes a press release asking people who flew with the tourist who died to please self-report. God, I hope an airline didn't publish that. Are Philippine airlines truly that totally criminally incompetent ??
    how's that for a bloody rant <another grin>....

• Agree Agree x 2