Dumaguete Info Search

Corona Virus - as of 4 feb

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Edward K, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Oh give me a break!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    This is dated January 28th.

It discusses how hard it is for Chinese people to get into the hospital. If it is this hard to get into a hospital and be diagnosed with coronavirus then the numbers coming out of China must be severely under reporting the number of cases.

Thus, according to Phoenix Weekly, began an ordeal, during which Li was bounced from one medical institution to another without being given a diagnosis or a bed.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dail...o-get-treatment-for-the-coronavirus-in-china?

This next article describes how at first the police arrested eight doctors who discussed the emergence of this outbreak.

Yet last December—before people all over China began falling sick with pneumonia-like symptoms, before people around the world .... —eight people discussed how several patients in Wuhan were experiencing severe, rapid breakdowns in their respiratory systems.

It wasn’t long before police detained them. The authorities said these eight doctors and medical technicians were “misinforming” the public,

https://www.thedailybeast.com/china...ak-now-death-tolls-rising-stocks-are-plunging

• Like Like x 1
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    In general, one liners like that suck because they lack intelligent thought BUT we invite suggestions as to how the participants might improve to the level if your favorite mainstream news propaganda source. We eagerly await your advice; I have a circular file right here in which to deposit it. Salamat po.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Philippine Government News Agency, 4 Feb 5:27 PM
    https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1092867
    Contains info on PUI and quarantine.
    Some quotes from the above link:

DUMAGUETE CITY – Amid growing public concern over the dreaded novel coronavirus (2019 n-CoV), some schools here suspended classes while various institutions are taking preventive measures to prevent local transmission.

This, as two Chinese nationals from Wuhan, China who visited this city had tested positive of the virus. The 38-year-old female and 44-year-old male arrived here Jan. 22 and departed Jan. 25. Both were confined at the San Lazaro Hospital in Manila, and the man died last Feb. 1.

Five persons who came in close contact with the two Chinese nationals are now in isolation at the provincial hospital.

As of Monday, five people who were traced to have come in contact with the Chinese couple during their visit here are in isolation at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital (NOPH) pending results of laboratory tests from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Manila after screening showed they had flu-like symptoms.

Twenty-five others are tagged as persons under monitoring (PUMs) but were not admitted to the hospital after they turned up negative of flu-like symptoms.

Thermal scanners and health teams have been put up at the airport and seaports to conduct screening of all people coming in and out of Dumaguete to strengthen measures in preventing a local nCoV transmission.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    If a video ever does get taken down by a media suppressed regime, you can often find it at this USA News site. And indeed, Doctors and Persons in China have tried to take events public . The site attempts to work through the FUGAZI but may be politically bias at times. Note: All news, sites, TV, Blogs, ETC, as I am sure everyone knows, requires >STILL< to read between the lines. Cheers!
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/c-china

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Watching (ANY) ONE OF THE main stream media brands on TV or on Internet is like drinking from the toilet. Never do it! Research on line instead and use own mind to decipher your own belief based on always (not all the facts) Best regards!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Yes - RANDOM locations. So why is the infection seemingly centered on the market? Is it possible that one person brought the virus from the lab, caused an infection somewhere (the 14/24 cases stated earlier) and then in the market? But it seems the earliest cases were not centered on the market and so must have been incubating elsewhere before those cases at the market - hence suggesting an earlier infection elsewhere. So why did those 14/24 not go on to cause outbreaks in many places before they had sought medical attention? The disease was unknown in its early stages - I remember reading only of a pneumonia-type illness in Wuhan - so the infected (symptomatic) would probably have been infecting many others before they knew what they had and, probably, then sought medical help, whilst the asymptomatic would have also done so and carried on doing so. IF the market really was a centre for a mass outbreak then a recombinant virus emerging from an infected wild animal there does seem plausible. So then the question is: If that recombination happened there so quickly then why not elsewhere, in other wild animals? I wonder if any tests on wild animals are being carried out on a large scale.

On an OPTIMISTIC note (I hope) I have read that cases increased from yesterday to today by 18% - figures I gave in another thread showed increases of 136% over the 2-day period 24th to 26th January. Those figures showed a decline to about 48% over the two day period 30th Jan to 1st Feb - so, although no one is really saying so yet, has it passed its peak?

8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Obviously some who write on here are scientists (current or retired), some may be virologists who may even have worked in virus centres. Is that the case with FOX news?

9. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    So we can get our information “online” by not from the “internet”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Let's drop the fox news bashing and snide comments. It is irrelevant to the topic and will only inflame the conversation.

• Agree Agree x 4