Dumaguete Info Search

Coronavirus case: Confused by dates

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Notmyrealname, Feb 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    (Put this in a new thread as there are two running currently covering the same topic).

I read that the woman arrived in Cebu on the 21st, spent that night in Cebu and then travelled to Dumaguete and stayed one night (assume the 22nd), going on to Dauin (assume 23rd) and stayed at a resort there for 4 days (assume left on 26th/27th).

But people wrote on this forum on 23rd of a person admitted to Holy Child and then transferred to Provincial. It seems this is the person who later, we are told, flew (?was taken) to Manila (date given as the 25th) and is now in isolation there. I have even read that she was first diagnosed in Manila as a suspected case (but if she was admitted to Holy Child and people locally were aware of it, then the assumption of her possibly being a coronavirus case was already made in Dumaguete).

Given these dates, from different sources, how could she have been in Holy Child on the 23rd? Or in Manila on the 25th? It is possible that she went to Dauin on the 23rd and immediately showed signs of the disease - a cough is mentioned but she is also described as showing no further symptoms - so was admitted the same day she went to Dauin. But that is not what I read. It has relevance to the amount of time people were in contact with her.

Anything I missed/misinterpreted?

2. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I think you are confusing two different cases. There was a small girl admitted to HC and then transferred to Provincial. That was a suspected meningitis case. The confirmed corona case now in Manila, as I understand, was asymptomatic during the time she was here in DGT, and did not go into any hospital here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Ok, I get it. I based that on a posting on another thread on this forum.