Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Coronavirus Causing Local Panic Buying

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Panic may come in many forms of behavioral change. Today I was in a business where when you enter you must take a number card......mine was #22. A Lady had the number #21. As she and many waited her 2 (yes 2 ) cell phones kept sounding off and right when number #20 was being served, she bolted from her seat and left the business as some other matter needed her at once. As silly as that seems, she than tossed her #21 card onto a chair while leaving, I LOL'D as around 6 persons went diving onto the seat to get the card to bump them up to the #21 spot. Well HELLO!!!! I was clearly to all of them to have #22 and in fact the next Patron (despite the card ) whom should have been served. When #21 was called, up jumps the Filipina version of Oprah to assume my position. I sat and just laughed. Every single person there looked at me waiting for a reaction to the line jumping but I only smiled. The employee at the counter even knew what had un-folded but just made due ( understandingly ) Guess it all amounted to setting a good example for us Foreigners whom more often get noticed for bad raps..........Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And the Philippines is still looking safer than most Western countries we come from!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Coronavirus Causing Local Panic Buying.
    No!
    Frightened people cause panic Buying

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I am at Hypermart right now waiting for my wife. True, the lines are long but the store is very well stocked and people or very orderly (not what I would call “panic” buying). All lines have checkout clerks working so I think Hypermart is handling this well. You might spend an hour waiting in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    As of this morning I would have called BS, but right now the wife is stuck in a line at Hypermart and I just saw the longest lines I've ever seen at Savemore. And at 3:00 in the afternoon at that. Gave up on getting a couple of small items. Looks like there IS some 'panic buying' going on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The vice governor announced this week that Negros Oriental is under RED alert for Coronavirus infections and folks are panic buying groceries and medicines for various ailments.

If you are above 60 and have underlying conditions, send your partner to do your shopping. Don't fight the shoulder to shoulder crowds and run the risk of being infected or you infecting someone else even if you are not sick yet.

If you are feeling unwell stay at home and alert your doctor and if it is necessary to go to the hospital, the doctor will advise the hospital to put on their protective clothing and receive you in the area infectious diseased patients are admitted. Silliman Medical Center is recommended for having protocols in place for receiving suspected Coronavirus patients.

If you think you can escape to your home country, you may be surprised to be placed into 14 day quarantine on arrival.

I am going to try and ride it out.

shakey

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1