Dumaguete Info Search

Cost of agricultural land

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by cabb, Mar 27, 2023.

?

In your estimate how much is a sqm of agricultural land worth in an area like Balugo

Poll closed Apr 3, 2023.
  1. <50 pesos per sqm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 50-100 pesos per sqm

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 100-150 pesos per sqm

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. 150-200 pesos per sqm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 200-250 pesos per sqm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. >250 pesos per sqm

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,628 / 2,895
    I enquired in that area about 2 years ago and the seller wanted 8000 per m2. I told him I wanted just the land and not a house with it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    You just have to find a motivated seller.

3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,023 / 1,093
    When someone owns land.......... being the Philippines you can often low ball. I know land less than 200P per sqm if I so wanted it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    Considerations and thoughts not yet addressed.
    .A large lot, say 5000 sq mtr, is almost always cheaper per square meter than a small lot, say 500 sq mtr. A hectare, only a few km's from Valencia, could have been gotten four years ago for P400 per..., who knows what it is now....
    .If the agr land has been in that family for centuries, might be non-negotiable, unless the family is broke and needs cash...
    .A one owner lot is easier than 7 owners, some of whom are dead or missing, be prepared with a good lawyer if you are sure you want to tackle it... Inspect the deed before you even consider an offer.. Never do a deal unless you get a deed transfer, anything else is lunacy, like throwing cash out the window...
    .If a tenant is on the land or farming the land, you need to deal before you buy. Your lawyer can arrange with the seller to buy him out, or get everything in writing before you close, notarized..
    .Be prepared for the seller to want cash, (like millions), so close at your bank....Anybody, especially a foreigner, buying land without a local lawyer, strikes me as lunacy and WAY too risky... "Penny wise, pound foolish."
    .Does the lot come with access, owned, concrete ???
    .Smart move is to have the lot surveyed before you offer. To skip this is again, "penny wise, pound foolish."
    .AND, of course, location, location, location. Concrete road access; distance from town, nearest NPA camp, overlooking, nearest rooster farm, dog pack, karaoke club, etc etc etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  5. OP
    OP
    cabb

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    Agree completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    I have also been watching the local land asking prices rise to the sky and yes its pretty disconcerting that now more sellers are asking (or demanding) for cash. Makes me think they are preparing to get out of town the second they get their hands on it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,628 / 2,895
    I think "Cash is King" because nothing else can be trusted.

In fact, with ever-increasing regulations world-wide on banks and other stores of assets, it seems that keeping cash is the most sensible idea (as our boss, Mr CH, has said in the past). I spend most of my time these days trying to get hold of my own money from banks and other institutions in my home country and struggling because I have no permanent address there - there is no need for KYC or any other form of compliance checking if you hold your money in cash (and they can't seize it when they find they so messed up the economies that they need to 'haircut' (steal) deposits overnight from banks as they did in Cyprus and Greece in 2008/2009).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,576 / 1,017
    Couple more points on buying land, particularly if outside the town areas.. Consider issues regarding right-of-way, electricity, water, bad roads, back taxes paid, schools (if applicable), in addition to title issues already addressed. and of course karaoke.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    cabb

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    Don't forget dealing only with a Deed of Sale (no title), siblings of the seller and inheritance, and the need for a subdivision plan to get a title if buying a portion of a larger property. It doesn't get much better than in the Phils.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    My wife and her sister have been checking into and paying any taxes due on family land. One less hassle in the future.