Best Posts in Thread: Cost of Living at Dec 2019

1. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    No. The cost of having a helper is not 100 per hour but oftentimes 100 per day but you have to provide everything----food and living quarters. In Manila I think that rate is not also based on an hourly basis---that could be daily or weekly.

Buying food also needs some resourcefulness if you want to really save. You have to learn to cook simple food or go buy them from inexpensive eateries which we call "karinderya" where you could also get a full meal for only 40 pesos or even less. Houses for rent can go as low as 7 thousand depending on how big the house you want to have. If you get a pad (with CR, aircon, living room that doubles as bedroom, a little kitchen) you can have it for as low as 5 thousand a month. It all depends on your resourcefulness to find these budget-friendly places. If your wife or partner is a Filipina, she should be able to help you with these things.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I did realise that - but then my joke would not have worked (and most would say I should not have bothered anyway!) :smile:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you are only coming here to save money then I would advise against it...:smile:

• Agree Agree x 2