Dumaguete Info Search

Retirement Visa COURTESY SRRV FOR VETERANS (US VETS AND OTHERS)

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by nwlivewire, May 25, 2015.

1. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    THANKS, RedHorse!!! That's great to know! Your attached SRRV Guide is very informative!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OUTSTANDING UPDATE!

With DD-214, you get the 10 USD annual renewal - it doesn't matter whether you are retired or not on your DD-214 in order to only pay the low 10 USD annual renewal. Everyone with an honorable DD-214 qualifies.

This is a MAJOR CHANGE to the emails I rec'd from LaChica earlier this year.

In addition, there seems to be another major change that is favorable to a Veteran.

That is the amount of money needed for the SRRV Expanded Courtesy for Veterans.

From the pamphlet LaChica sent you, it looks like ALL Vets with an honorable DD-214 will only pay the 1,500 USD deposit. LaChica wrote me in her emails that ONLY those Vets with an honorable RETIREMENT DD-214 would get this low 1,500 USD deposit, while all other honorable DD-214 Vets would have to pay the higher deposit amount.

That is a significant change - and a very favorable one to ALL honorably discharged Vets - period!

All one needs (besides a few other non-monetary things) is to be able to prove 1,000 USD monthly pension or any other "SIMILAR" benefits to be remitted to the Philippines.

A VETERAN'S MONTHLY VA DISABILITY COMPENSATION PAYMENT CAN ALSO BE INCLUDED OR COUNTED TOWARD THE MINIMUM MONTHLY PENSION BENEFIT AMOUNT.

upload_2016-1-25_18-19-11.png

This busts the door down to a wider group of Veterans who would not otherwise been able to qualify.

GREAT NEWS!

But DON'T thank Obama for this. hahaha

This doesn't have anything to do with his new treaties, or military aid, or increasing our footprint in the China Islands dispute or anything like that....

V/R,
    nwlivewire

3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, Carlos Zialcita of same office told me same thing. The fees involved are $1500USD deposit into PRA Bank, $1400USD to PRA, about $20USD to get fingerprint check by FBI and a few misc. fees basically $3000USD all in. Have to go to either Manila or Cebu to accomplish this. Also you can renew for 3 years at a time. So only have to go to Cebu or Manila every 3 years.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And be 55 years old of I'm not mistaken......which sucks for me. Another 22+ years and I might be able to get this. I'm almost positive this visa won't be around by then though. I wish they would drop the age for those of us with honorable discharges and va disability checks. (This would be beneficial for a whole lot of younger "wounded warriors".)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    35 year old former Filipinos and 50 year old foreign nationals are the current age limits for this version SRRV PRA: Philippine Retirement Authority

I have not seen an explanation anywhere regarding the higher age limit since the other SRRV versions start at age 35.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've
    Consistently been told that the military version of the SRRV has a minimum age of 55. I'll have a look at the PRA website again though. (Still have a bit more than two years before I could even think about it though.)

7. OP
    OP
    nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Dear DaveD:

It was suggested to me that I get all my documents while in the States (birth, marriage, and death certificate, DD214, FBI check, statements of proof of monthly pension incomes (VA, military pension, etc) - AND have all of them notarized PRIOR to arrival by the US Department of State (USDOS).

Once all my documents come back from the USDOS, I can then turn around and get them officially apostilled by the Philippine Embassy in San Francisco, CA.

Although it is not necessary to get them all apostilled in the States, I was told it would shorten up my waiting/turn-around time.

I just need to make sure my FBI check is less than 6 months old. That goes for the USDOS notarizing and Philippine apostilling, too. FBI check, notarizing, and apostilling need to be "fresh" - less than six months old when I hit the PRA office for in-processing of my SRRV.

I was also told I can get my Philippine driver's license during my wait time for my Extended Courtesy SRRV.

And yes. I was also told I can pay 30 USD at that time and get the three year Visa.

I'm figuring 3,500 USD will be my MAX "all in" costs for my three year SRRV.

I, too, wish they would lower the age minimum down to 35 or 40. This would allow many more Vets to qualify - younger and healthier, too.

V/R,
    nwivewire

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, don't see why they don't do it already. The regular SRRV goes down to that age....probably much more likely to have veterans with the required pension/disability amount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    LOL, That is why I included the link.. Here it is again PRA: Philippine Retirement Authority

Don't really know why there is an age requirement part at all. Should be more like, If you got the money honey, I got the time... errrr SRRV hahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Misread your post the first time around. Sorry about that.