Dumaguete Info Search

COVID 19 - As of 17 March

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Edward K, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "The true percentage of young people who require hospitalization is likely much less, because many remain asymptomatic.

The fatality rate is low, only 0.1 percent to 0.2 percent."

Meh. There is a 99.8 to 99.9% chance this isn't my problem. Likely less as those that require hospitalization already had a pre-existing medical condition. My only concern with getting it is the burden of quarantine. Nothing else.

2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The ignorance is such that people prefer to spend time arguing against measures put in place to save their lives and, here is the crucial point, the lives of others. So if people want to ignore what they are told is correct and get themselves infected then go ahead - but then please crawl in a tunnel and stay there.

• Like Like x 6
  3. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    [​IMG]

This info indicates infection is much more likely from touching contaminated objects vs being close to infected people. Stainless steel, plastics and paper will keep virus alive up to 6 hours. There is research out of Australia suggesting over 90% of infections occur this way.
    A habit I learned living in China was to never touch anything with my hands if an elbow or forearm would suffice. The best utility a mask offers is reminding you not to put your hands to your face. Wash your hands as often as you can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Good overview of the science behind coronavirus.