Dumaguete Info Search

Covid Farce UK

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Jul 18, 2021.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    AGREE, some time ago i spent thousands and jumped through fiery hoops to get a 2.5 year visa for my wife, yes 2.5 and after that more money and hoops to get another 2.5 which at the end of you can then apply to be permanent, (note apply, not guaranteed)
    The breaking point was that when we applied for our daughter to get a visit visa they refused it on the grounds she might not return to the Philippines.
    Hindsight is a great thing but i should have told her just to go to France and get one of those small boats across the channel, seems like people doing that never have to return.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  2. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    I heard yesterday that the British Government made a deal with France.........£54m
    Apparently for the French to patrol their coastline and stop traffickers organising small Dinghy's leaving it's shores for England!
    Oh yeah, I'm sure that will stop all the activities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I went through the same 2.5/2.5 visa route for my now wife, plus prior to that a 2 year Visa and prior to that a 1 year Visa and prior to that she obtained her Visa to come to the UK as a student. So, 9 years of Visas and all at ridiculous fees - plus immigration give a phone number to check progress but never answer the phone and then cut you off. Even my local MP had little luck dealing with them. One Visa they issued arrived after the date it had expired. Then they refused my wife's child entry and so we left. That is why I get very annoyed at how they help bring thousands into the UK, then bring their families (none speaking English, which is a requirement for legal entry). They even admitted mature males they classed as children - one 30 year old being put into school with 15 year olds. They said it was too difficult to determine age accurately but they prosecute people for having relationships with persons perhaps one year under the legal limit.

I feel sorry for the many people, usually men, who are refused entry for their wives because they do not have an income of £18,600 a year but they sell Golden Visas to foreign crooks who have made London the World's capital for money laundering.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Paying France to do what it should be doing anyway - and we all know the French will fail to enforce it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    I just edited my first comment as i forgot to say the visa was for my wife, the way i wrote it made it look like it was for me.

6. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    They should give the £54M to the UK immigration department so that their enquiry phone lines don't have to charge extortionate rates and they could also cancel the charge you have to pay before they will answer an email enquiry. :greedy:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Only if I try to bring you in as my wife. :smile:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    The UK Covid Farce continues.......Today the Government are now considering in a month's time bringing new measures for local restricted area's!
    Yes folks it's Herd Immunity by the back door, while the PM and his cronies self isolate.
    The virus has risen in numbers in days and will continue to do so, They put the blame on young people ( still waiting inoculation) and those who have chosen to not be vaccinated. This is the Government who allowed 60,00 to attend Wembley for the Euro Cup final.
    Yahoo news.......
    Screenshot 2021- Yahoo News UK.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Are the death rates and hospitalizations also climbing?

10. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Hospitalizations are up, CCU wards (Critical Care Units) are dealing with younger people than before, however deaths are less due to purely the experience gained in handling acute cases.