Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Covid Updates NegOr, etc.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    I have noticed in most places the social distancing enforcement a bit lacking, checkout queues are worst, i think most people maybe have a fear that if they are not 6" from the person in front that they might lose their place in the queue.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What are the people in those beds there for?

Still digging that hole. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make them a "snowflake". In my experience those that regularly use this term are actually the ones that are the "snowflake", easily being offended and lashing out with personal attacks (calling someone a snowflake is a personal attack) the second someone contests their world view or even asks for a bit of clarification, or God forbid a source, for their "facts". I guess we'll see if you can carry on a conversation here without trolling or resorting to name calling. I know where I would put my money.

• Like Like x 4
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  3. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Party's over, folks.
    Members of the Dumaguete City Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) called out Friday night partygoers gathering along the Escaño Beach in Dumaguete City and told them to go home.
    The Dumaguete City government is now strictly implementing the curfew amid the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the city.
    As of January 9, 2021, Dumaguete City has 107 active coronavirus cases, according to the latest tally from the Provincial Health Office.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm not surprised cases are going up, went to pay SSS, It was a f'ing disgrace. No distances at all, everyone pushing against each other.
    Even in the waiting tent out side the chairs were not at distances. Said to wife, no way I'm not going in with that rabble. Only takes one with covid-19.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    Boodle fight :wtf:
    My wife explained what this was some time ago and i am sorry if it offends anybody's culture but if i was invited to one of these i would not go unless they supplied me the proper tools for the job, fork, knife and spoon and i would also be first in line before everybody else touched all the food. :nurse:

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    As the amount of cases are going up we are trying to go into town less but when we do go it seems weird that all the precautions seem to be getting relaxed or disappearing altogether.
    For example we went to Mc Donald's beside the market place and the Perspex sheets between the tables have been removed and there seems to be more tables on the ground floor than last time we were there , if they want to get more customers in why don't they simply reopen the upper floor and still keep people further apart.
    I commented before that wherever we go the social distancing also seems to be forgotten now and it was the same again yesterday. :doctor:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The Daily News Journal
    shared a post.

39m ·
    JUST IN: There are now more than 1,000 COVID-19 cases in Negros Oriental after 24 new infections were reported today, provincial IATF ground commander Dr. Liland Estacion said in a press conference this afternoon (Jan. 6, 2021).
    Among the new infections include a bank employee, government employee, and a pastor, and three family members of a previously infected COVID patient in Manjuyod town.
    Of the new cases: 11 are from Siaton town, four are from Manjuyod, three are from Dumaguete City, two are from Tanjay City, and one case each in Valencia, Tayasan, Amlan, and Ayungon.
    Two new deaths were also reported today, both from Dumaguete City: a 71-year-old male and an 83-year-old female.
    The total cases in the province have climbed to 1,008; 180 of these are active cases, while there are 798 recoveries and 30 deaths. #NewsBite | via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best News Editor

9. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +416 / 198
    In order to clarify how the number of cases is derived one must take a scientific approach:
    Firstly take a random number that most people can count to; in this case 123456789.
    Then take the square root of said number and you get 11,111.111 and a teeny bit more.
    Divide that by the number of cases you think you have - in this case 77 and you get 144.3 ish, which would be 12ft and a bit in old money. Convert 144.3 to cm and you get the number of days in a leap year, which 2020 is therefore proving the theory that 77 is the correct number of cases.

I rest my case. :wacky:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Genius Genius x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The Daily News Journal
    shared a post.

tfS1ponsohhrefd ·
    BREAKING: Negros Oriental has 76 new COVID-19 infections, provincial IATF ground commander Dr. Liland Estacion said in a press briefing tonight (Dec. 26, 2020).
    This is so far the biggest spike in new cases reported in the province since the pandemic began in January.
    Among the new cases are inmates from Dumaguete City Police Station detention cell, a family of five from Motong, and kids aged 7 and 8 from Batinguel and Bonawon, Siaton.
    Dumaguete City alone recorded 43 new cases over the past three days, including Christmas Day. Among the barangays in the city with new cases include Batinguel, Looc, Daro, Motong, Cadawinonan, Taclobo, Talay, Junob, Balugo, Piapi, and Bajumpandan.
    Tanjay City has 14 new infections, Sibulan has eight, Siaton has four, Guihulngan City has two, while Mabinay, Bacong, Valencia, Bindoy, and Ayungon towns have one new COVID-19 case each.
    Estacion also reported 19 new recoveries: 14 from Dumaguete, three from Sibulan, and one each in Guihulngan City and Amlan.
    A new death was also reported: Patient 654 from Sibulan who died in a Dumaguete private hospital, being a hemodialysis patient.
    Estacion also confirmed that community transmission is now present in Dumaguete City, while local transmissions have also risen in Tanjay City.
    The total case count in Negros Oriental as of today is at 908, with 169 active cases, 712 recoveries, and 27 deaths. #NewsBite | via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best News Editor
    [​IMG]