Dumaguete Info Search

Covid Updates NegOr, etc.

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I think this "new" information is about 9 months old, at least. These are the asymptomatics and pre-symptomatics and you will find them mentioned here many times on old threads in relation to being spreaders.

2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Just after reading your message I switched on the NEWS and China is very busy quarantining and spraying disinfectant all over imported frozen goods?
    Somehow China's actions smell of showmanship.

3. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Agreed. This info has been published many times over the last 9 months in the press and on TV.

4. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Excuse me, do we really need to not know when the CDC changes it's information because we already thought so?

5. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    *Sigh* The CDC changed. I know some of you know. Adios.

6. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    does anyone know if the valencia sunday market/paunay will be open this coming weekend?

tnx...

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The Daily News Journal
    shared a post.

17m ·
    BREAKING: Provincial Contact Tracing Team head Dondee Señeris confirmed in a press conference this morning that community transmission of COVID-19 is now present in Dumaguete City.
    This, as more and more cases in the city whose sources of transmission are untraceable.
    Local hospitals in Dumaguete are also nearing full capacity, Provincial IATF ground commander Dr. Liland Estacion said in the same press conference.
    She also reported 16 new cases Friday, including a medical consultant from Dumaguete City.
    More details on the new cases will be announced in a virtual press briefing this afternoon, Estacion added. #NewsBite | via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best News Editor

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  8. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    49 active is a minor improvement.

The City’s Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases discloses that there are now 49 active cases following the confirmation of 5 new COVID-19 cases and 3 recoveries Tuesday evening.
    Three of the 5 new COVID-19 cases are hospital workers who may have earlier been exposed to COVID-19 patients.
    City Health Officer Dr. Maria Sarah B. Talla informed Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo, Chairperson of the City’s IATF-MEID, that there are 49 active cases, 104 recoveries and 10 deaths since the COVID-19 pandemic affected the City from January 30, 2020 to the present December 22, 2020.
    Meanwhile, 7 known close contacts of COVID cases have been quarantined as Persons Under Monitoring (PUMs) by the City Health Workers.
    Aside from the 7 known close contacts COVID-19 cases, 30 other PUMS begin their strict and mandatory 14-day quarantine in the designated isolation facilities today.
    In contrast, 27 PUMs were released today after they completed the mandatory 14-day quarantine in the different isolation facilities without showing any signs and symptoms of Influenza Like Illness or ILI.
    The 37 new PUMs are: 7 known close contacts of COVID-19 cases in Poblacion 1 and Poblacion 2 and 30 Locally Stranded Individuals from Ilo-ilo City, Dapitan, Cebu City, Manila, Leyte and Cavite.
    Of the 495 PUMS: 249 are in designated hotel facilities; 62 are in the community isolation center and 184 are in the barangay isolation facilities.
    None of the 495 PUMs seen and examined by the City Health workers manifested ILI symptoms while under quarantine.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Skipjack, remember they've got 495 pums. The map is updated sporadically and appears to be wrong.
    Happycamper - I'm willing to let the Doctors make the call on the death. If, but for covid, the person would live for a significantly longer period of time, they can claim a valid death due to covid in my book. I won't substitute my lay judgement sitting in front of my PC for theirs.
    Rye - You can go to the bottom of the CDC page, click a button and look at the chart. No, they didn't stop, but you can expect some deaths to go down, and others to go up.
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Yes The Best Dumaguete
    tSponssor1celhd ·
    #NewsBite: Walay fireworks sa Boulevard for 2021. [​IMG]
    Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases, the Dumaguete City government has decided to cancel the scheduled fireworks display at the Rizal Boulevard scheduled on New Year's Eve (Dec. 31).
    Dumaguete City remains as Negros Oriental's COVID-19 epicenter with at least 50 active cases.
    [​IMG] Ned Solis/FILE PHOTO
    [​IMG]