Dumaguete Info Search

Covid Updates NegOr, etc.

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I am sure people will compensate in their own areas - rush order for noise-cancelling headphones!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm pretty certain I saw vendors selling explosives on the boulevard the other day.

The fireworks display on the boulevard was always a bit disappointing IMO. Setting off your own at home is FAR more exciting and rewarding.

3. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The Daily News Journal
    shared a post.

tfS1ponsohhrefd ·
    BREAKING: Negros Oriental has 76 new COVID-19 infections, provincial IATF ground commander Dr. Liland Estacion said in a press briefing tonight (Dec. 26, 2020).
    This is so far the biggest spike in new cases reported in the province since the pandemic began in January.
    Among the new cases are inmates from Dumaguete City Police Station detention cell, a family of five from Motong, and kids aged 7 and 8 from Batinguel and Bonawon, Siaton.
    Dumaguete City alone recorded 43 new cases over the past three days, including Christmas Day. Among the barangays in the city with new cases include Batinguel, Looc, Daro, Motong, Cadawinonan, Taclobo, Talay, Junob, Balugo, Piapi, and Bajumpandan.
    Tanjay City has 14 new infections, Sibulan has eight, Siaton has four, Guihulngan City has two, while Mabinay, Bacong, Valencia, Bindoy, and Ayungon towns have one new COVID-19 case each.
    Estacion also reported 19 new recoveries: 14 from Dumaguete, three from Sibulan, and one each in Guihulngan City and Amlan.
    A new death was also reported: Patient 654 from Sibulan who died in a Dumaguete private hospital, being a hemodialysis patient.
    Estacion also confirmed that community transmission is now present in Dumaguete City, while local transmissions have also risen in Tanjay City.
    The total case count in Negros Oriental as of today is at 908, with 169 active cases, 712 recoveries, and 27 deaths. #NewsBite | via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best News Editor
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    This sounds really bad, although to put more into context, this is three days' test results as they are again being done in Cebu. Also, 22 of the 43 are in custody in the police detention unit, having been exposed to two previous carriers there.

I'm sure there will be a spike in cases starting in a few days as the Christmas partying starts to show results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    If they did high cycle of 40(Unsure) on rtPCR, then they are catching the people who have it, plus the people who already had it. Neither of those are good. Why did we stop processing the tests here? Contaminated lab? Lab workers catch covid?

7. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Yes, laboratory employees contracted it. Whether in the lab by breach of procedure or not is not known (publicly at least). Guess another few days before the staff come out of quarantine and resume local testing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Cool story. Where is the data?

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    No disrespect to the contributor of the piece you ask this question about, but very much reminds me of the 'Profumo scandal'.

This was in the UK in 1961 (Mr R was still in the Cosmos and had not landed yet) and a dear Tory called John Profumo, who happened to be Secretary of State for War was doing jiggy-jiggy with a 19 year old would-be model (Christine Keeler) who, by pure chance, was also putting it about with a Soviet Naval Attache. Nothing suspicious so far. It seems money changed hands in the transactions with Miss Keeler (she was an 'entrepreneur').

Profumo denied this in the House of Parliament but later admitted it (I think when there was proof and he suddenly remembered - I am sure I would have remembered if it had been me jiggying Christine, but I was too young (and not a Senior member of Government either!)).

Another person involved in the scandal (which nowadays is more likely to get you elected than rejected) was Mandy Rice-Davies (another 'entrepreneur').

Now enter stage left, friend of Profumo, Lord Astor (they keep these 'entrepreneurial things within the Establishment it seems), who in a Court of Law denied any involvement with the 'entrepreneurship' of the two young girls (who had spent much time at his Country Estate - doing 'wordsearch' is my best guess) - to which denial Mandy Rice-Davies replied "Well he would" (a simple girl who summed up the aristocracy in 3 words), often misquoted as "Well he would, wouldn't he".

So, for anyone thinking "Isn't he off topic???" this story made me think about the head of a vaccine company saying how his vaccine is perfect.

The conclusion of the Profumo Affair is that a Judge (another Lord and so a very senior member of the Establishment of course, that is how they do it) was asked to investigate and found Profumo a mostly innocent person ("there were no security issues" and "no one could doubt [Profumo's] loyalty" - the fact the Soviet copied secret papers at Profumo's house seems to have been ignored), the two impressionable very young girls got most of the blame, a doctor working for MI5 killed himself (they say!) and later Profumo was given Honours.

Nothing has changed.

10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020