Dumaguete Info Search

Covid Updates NegOr, etc.

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, Nov 24, 2020.

1. mykajabi77

mykajabi77 DI New Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    I enjoy coming here each day to chuckle at the hyper-anxious here obsessed with this virus. What is the story here? Is this a place where atheists gather who secretly fear death? If so this is tragic, because death is inevitable my anxious fretted one. Understand that one day you will take your last breath and die and when you do you will face your Creator. Does not matter whether you believe it or not, you will meet God. Hope that works out for you. But until then, perhaps it will bring each of you a temporal peace if you make a plan to gather together at local bar, get liquored up and join hands in a circle and take a deep breath together through your noses and breathe out slowly through your mouths repeating aloud "It's okay I'm going to die someday. It's okay I'm going to die someday. It's okay I'm going to die someday." Repeat this three times at time you meet, and then sit down and have a good cry together and perhaps in a few months time your anxiety levels will lessen until each of you reach the point where you no longer gather here to make each other more and more anxious about a whole bunch of nonsense.

mykajabi77
    This message by mykajabi77 has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 5
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You are coming in to this forum pretty hot. Hopefully you can take what you are dishing out without blowing up and resorting to personal attacks against anyone that contests your views and opinions or you won't make it very long.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Why am I not able to give the referenced post a trolling or abhorrent?

@mykajabi77 post did not contain any factual information of interest to the group. It is simply a indirect personal attack.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Sounds like someone returning, who was previously shunned, under a new name.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have explained countless times that negative ratings are not active on this subforum. I'm tired of explaining this so I'll just make them available here.

As for the post in question. It is not a personal attack as no person was quoted or attacked, though it certainly could be considered a trolling post. I'll turn on the negative ratings and let everyone vote on it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    And there it is. (The Freudian slip) that sums up your post in it's entirety. It is also so patronizing that it heavily reflects more on you. Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Maybe it's the baby Jesus, back to give us all a new BMW.
    As to stay on topic, my Sister Inlaw still has no Covid.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I come here to read the excellent postings made by MOST members of this first-rate Forum. They are here to give information, advice and sensible opinions.

Then I chuckle at the idiots who descend occasionally but don't seem to last long.

Then I very rarely read some good news:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Just for comparison info:

How much each dose will cost
    The cost for each dose ranges from $3 to $37, depending on the vaccine.
    Moderna, a two-dose vaccine, recently announced each dose will go for around $32 to $37.
    The Pfizer vaccine, also given in two doses, is expected to cost $19.50 a dose.
    Each dose for Johnson & Johnson’s two-dose vaccine will cost an estimated $10, and AstraZeneca’s two-dose vaccine could be the cheapest at just $3 to $4 a dose.
    Novavax’s two-dose vaccine is estimated to be $16 a dose.
    No (USA) individuals — regardless of whether they’re uninsured, have private health insurance, or have Medicare or Medicaid — will pay out of pocket for the vaccine itself, federal health officials have previously stated.
    “Vaccine doses purchased with U.S. taxpayer dollars will be given to the American people at no cost,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source states.
    Certain vaccine providers may charge an administration fee for giving the shot, but individuals can have that fee reimbursed.
    “Vaccine providers can get this fee reimbursed by the patient’s public or private insurance company or, for uninsured patients, by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Provider Relief Fund,” the CDC states.
    https://www.healthline.com/health-n...covid-19-vaccine#How-much-each-dose-will-cost

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I think you don't really understand what's going on here in the forum, and your post is your method of coping. This is a place for the intellectual pursuit of understanding the virus, and how it is affecting us here in Negros. That's my answer to your question, "What is the story here?"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1