Dumaguete Info Search

Covid Updates NegOr, etc.

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, Nov 24, 2020.

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The lesson learned is that the leadership has to wait for a series of events that they can then react to.

If the leadership acts in advance of the problem then the population accuses the leadership of exerting excessive control.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Obviously if you have an infection in your home take precautions or you all could become infected. If you do not have an infected person in your home live normally but take care.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The way to get past that is to level with people in plain talk, because it isn't acting in advance, it is acting right as it happens. Acting in advance would have been to increase the number of ICU beds when the initial APOR problem became apparent, require that the APOR take three more antigen tests every four days.
    If a market vendor turns positive, masks and goggles would be immediately in line - not days later, or prohibit the fiesta when contacts were made in Valencia.
    I don't know that anymore people would have complained about excessive control than complain now. I did note Valencia has switched people out and a new person is in charge of contact tracing. Waiting never beats swift and decisive action with this virus.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What are the people in those beds there for?

Still digging that hole. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make them a "snowflake". In my experience those that regularly use this term are actually the ones that are the "snowflake", easily being offended and lashing out with personal attacks (calling someone a snowflake is a personal attack) the second someone contests their world view or even asks for a bit of clarification, or God forbid a source, for their "facts". I guess we'll see if you can carry on a conversation here without trolling or resorting to name calling. I know where I would put my money.

• Like Like x 4
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Love that avocado dip. Yum. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Yes The Best Dumaguete
    [​IMG]Favorites · 1h ·
    JUST IN: Valencia Mayor Edgar Teves announced today (Dec. 2, 2020) that the two-week lockdown he ordered Tuesday is canceled as it hasn't been approved by the Regional IATF.
    However, he noted that checkpoints will still be implemented, and the Sibaan, Paunayan, and tourist spots in the town will remain closed.
    The said guidelines will last for two weeks, from December 2 to 15, 2020. #NewsBite
    (with reports from Syril Repe)
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Interesting ( to me): Rosie Perez, the NewYawk actress, on her experience with novel-CV19 in Bangkok in December 2019--before it had been identified.

9. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205

10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Well, so far you've contributed nothing to the understanding of the virus or how it affects us here and continue with your emotional diatribe, which is boring. That can be found on any expat FB group. No time for that here so I'll just ignore you from here on out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020