Dumaguete Info Search

Crackdown on motorists in dumaguete and surrounding areas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, May 22, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think this is what you need;

Documents you need to check when buying a second hand car
    Featured Article- July 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Buying a second hand car, also known as pre-owned, has its peril. The physical appearance of the car or how it runs can cover up important things that you might miss in buying one. Thankfully, there’s one thing you can check to make sure that the car you’re about to buy is clean – the documents.

[​IMG]
    Original copy of Certificate of Vehicle Registration (CR)

The Certificate of Motor Vehicle Registration is an official document from the Land Transportation Office (LTO) that shows proof that the vehicle you’re about to buy has already been registered. As we all know, you won’t be able to register your vehicle if it has an unsettled police report and unpaid fines, so this document allows you to check whether the car is clean.

However, this doesn’t mean that you’re all good from here. You have to read what’s written on the registration and make sure that it’s not a counterfeit. It should have the year and model of the vehicle, as well as its specific color and other specifications of the vehicle. The car’s chassis number should also be the same as what’s written on paper.

Moreover, it should not have the word “ENCUMBERED” written on the upper right section of the vehicle registration certificate. This signifies that the owner isn’t clear yet from its financial obligation from the bank or the institution that paid for it. If it has been previously encumbered but has already been settled, ask for the Release of Chattel Mortgage.

[​IMG]
    Original receipt of registration (OR)

Of course, when you register your car, it will come with the receipt. This should also be consistent with the details on the Certificate of Vehicle Registration, such as the date of registration. Just like the Certificate, you can double check its validity by contacting the LTO.

Without a valid OR and CR, you need to reconsider your decision in buying the car that you’re eyeing. You don’t want to end up driving home an illegal set of wheels.

[​IMG]
    Original LTO plate number

The Original LTO plate number should only be the ones attached to the vehicle that you want to buy. It should also have the sticker of the current year of registration on it. On the other hand, for cars with new license plates (the white one with black letters and numbers), you can check if it is registered at LTO by looking at the sticker that’s placed inside the right side of the windshield.

Using the plate number, you can also check more information about the car such as pending alarms, apprehensions, last registration date, make, color, year, and more. To do this, you can just text the following to 2600: LTO Vehicle <plate number>.

If the car has plates other than what LTO issued, ask for the Authority to Use Customized Plate from the seller. If this isn’t available, ask the seller to replace the plates with the original one. If that’s not possible, then it’s time to move on to your next target car.

[​IMG]
    Notarized Deed of Sale

When you’re ready to buy the car, you should have a Deed of Sale ready so you could proceed with the transaction. This should be notarized to solidify its legality. Without this, the whole transaction will be null and void.

Making sure that the documents are correct is as important as making sure that the car that you’re about buy is still running. It can also prove (or disprove) any claim about the car and will serve as your protection, in case the purchase was a fraud.

If you want to check if the documents are indeed legitimate and not fabricated, you can always visit or call LTO. Moreover, you should ask for the seller’s valid ID (preferably the driver’s license) to confirm his/her identity.

Documents you need to check when buying a second hand car | Autodeal

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This will be interesting once/if implemented, especially regards the obstruction to the driver through the windscreen, that could lead to a blind spot... :o o:

I can see something like this being the norm here! :biggrin: lol
    [​IMG]

*Quote:
    A new bill authored by Senator JV Ejercito seeks to mandate the installation of dash cams on every jeep, taxi, and bus, as well as any government, school, and office-owned vehicle. The bill covers every transport service offered to the public, so private-owned vehicles used for app-based transportation services, such as Uber and Grab, are also included.

The bill also states that the dash cam should not occupy more than 5 square inches on the left side of the driver’s windshield side or not more than 7 square inches on the right side of the passenger’s side of the windshield.

'Dash Cam Law' Now Filed in Senate - Carmudi Philippines Journal

I thought THIS was a GREAT SUGGESTION!
    How to Turn Your Old Smartphone into a Car Dash Camera - Carmudi Philippines Journal

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Somewhere someone asked about if the Police were going to Auction off any of the confiscated Bikes, a Post on one of the Dumaguete pages has me thinking they might just be doing that, asked the Wife and she blatted on something that I think was 'they are planning to sell off confiscated Bikes' much to the dilemma of some of the commenters... :biggrin: lol

If interested, you might be able to get your better half to translate for you here;

https://www.facebook.com/teamHUKAD/photos/a.207812015919786.57418.207811085919879/1559398204094487/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Most impound lots regularly auction off vehicles if the fines and fees haven't been paid off in a set amount of time. Are people bitching about this? Do they expect the police to keep the bikes for years on end until the owner can come up with the fee? "p*ss off" would be my answer to such expectations. If you can't afford to keep a bike registered/legal and bother yourself with keeping your driver's license valid (or to pay the fines when caught not giving a f*ck) then you shouldn't have a vehicle. Take public transportation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    . . . . (perhaps some locals would finish that sentence with) . . . then just go steal someone else's motorcycle and fvckem!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm sure some would and that's fine....but if you do the crime be prepared to do the time. From what I've been hearing a stolen bike would be next to useless considering all the checkpoints that have been popping up. Seems these days you need to be quite patient waiting for checkpoints to close shop if there is an issue with the registration on the bike your riding.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This would be my concern. If you buy from the Auction are the Police going to supply all relevant paperwork needed to re-register that Car or Bike you have purchased from THEIR Auction, what if that item is still under Finance, or are you going to have to either pay it out in full, part it out, sell it for scrap or drive/ride it illegally until such time you are pinged at a check point and it once again sits around until it is auctioned off yet once again?

As I understand it you NEED ALL the relevant Paperwork/ Owners Receipts etc to Register a Car or Bike here along with the Deed of Sale and Notarized/ Signed/ Approved letters etc... Are the original Owners willing to supply that to you or the Police so that they can sell and complete all the requirements, or?

I would LOVE to go and check out any of the Cars they have, but am I going to get up to my neck in legal BS or am I going to be confronted by a very pissed off local at the gate demanding I return THEIR Property? Either way I think it is going to be a world of headaches so will wait and see how it pans out and hopefully someone else can relate their experience as a guide to the do's and don'ts here...

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I am pretty sure the LTO/PNP have had vehicle auctions in the past. These issues have likely already been addressed and dealt with before.
    LTO to hold auction for 29 impounded vehicles
    PIA | LTO- XI to subject all confiscated vehicles to public auction, after six months

If confronted by the previous owner I would immediately report them to the police and press charges against them.

As for the lien question. Here is how NYC handles it:
    Are any vehicles sold with liens on them?
    Yes, in some cases. Purchasers buy the right, title, and interest to a vehicle, subject to any and all recorded liens. A vehicle subject to a lien remains subject to the lien after sale. Any vehicle with a lien may be subject to repossession by the lien holder. The Sheriff is not responsible for notifying bidders about liens on vehicles.

Kinda sh*tty that they don't have to tell you about liens before you bid. I imagine Philippine law isn't any more considerate to the bidder than NYC law is.

But I guess if you can pick up a scooter for extremely cheap it might be worth the trouble. I probably wouldn't bid anymore than 1-3k for a bike at a PNP/LTO auction. Auctions tend to be risky...but they can have big pay-offs.

• Informative Informative x 3