Dumaguete Info Search

Embassy Info CRBA - DNA Testing

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by danbandanna, Apr 16, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    LOL

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wouldn't be happy about that either but there isn't much you can do about it. If they say they want it then you have to provide (and pay for) it. I know it is quite expensive for the official DNA test. (I believe it is around $500-700 USD.)

Maybe you should take it as a compliment. My gf's baby's daddy showed up in Manila (on my dime) and acted like a complete retard. They may have felt sorry that she had to deal with such an insufferable retarded lady part and felt the paperwork that was already completed was more than enough hassle for one person's life (he refused to go to the Consulate in Cebu because "Abu Sayyaf would kidnap" him on the way there). Perhaps they think you are quite a bit wiser and have the mental capacity to pull off some SS fraud. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is worth noting that the US Embassy was quite willing to work with my gf's situation. They had no issue extending the paperwork/appointment deadlines after she emailed them and explained the situation with the POS father. Maybe you could send them an email and explain you are having issues coming up with the money for the DNA test and they would be willing to give you an extra month or two to get everything together. Not trying to suggest you are having financial issues - for me it would be the principle of not taking my word on it. There is nowhere in the requirements for the CRBA that mentions anything about an age difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I have heard that before. When U.S. Consular Agent John Domingo, was working in Cebu he told many older Americans that the US has the right to ask for DNA and usually will if there is a large age gap, or if the child does not look much like the American father. I heard second hand that he said 5 years of marriage was the magic number. If an older American is married to a filipina for 5 years and then has a kid then the kid is almost always accepted as the American's child without DNA testing. It does seem arbitrary, but it does happen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Along the lines of required DNA testing and out curiosity, how many of these young women (<25) that marry men that are 65+ are faithful?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +246 / 138
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A good idea. I know a few foreigners that have "adopted" their gf's kids and had the birth certificate changed to have them as the father and then defrauded the American tax payer by getting more out of SS (which will later give them survivor benefits). I personally think that in a country with so much corruption and fraud they should make every single foreigner claiming a child abroad do a DNA test. It should be considered the price of having a kid with a non-american. MAGA!!!

8. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    While you are at it how about any american having a child in US putting up a bond amount so the taxpayer would not have to support mothers with "deadbeat" dads... sure that costs the "taxpayer more than a all the FilAmerican children born here... on the other hand I do not mind following rules as long as they are stated at the beginning of the process so they can be planned for...

9. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Most of the Filipinas who would "trick" a foreigner into marriage or bankrupcy are pretty obvious if you are "paying attention", some of us 65+ have learned how to think with the head on our shoulders ... there are many Filipinas who would like to "level up" with a kind and financially secure 65+ who would treat them with respect, and in the process a bond of friendship and love occurs and for some of us having a child is the natural result.
    I did not require proof that my country was in the right when they called me to fight in Vietnam, I just took them at their word .... I would like the same respect when I ask my country to take me at my word... enough said

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Some, yes. Others, no. Perhaps that is why it is arbitrary who has to get a DNA test done. Or it may just be that someone in authority just did a "power trip" on you. It happens.

• Agree Agree x 2