Dumaguete Info Search

Crime rate since Covid

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Ozzyguy, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yes Jim I agree, Today, we had a Local lad come and Chop down a Rotten Coconut tree that was supporting a few rats nests, if you can use a Local, any local, You are less likely to be a target for crime, That only leaves the opportunists and well........... what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg what can I or any of us say? :cigar:

• Like Like x 3
  2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163

The short answer is, NO
    You can assure her that, COVID has nothing to do with any serous increase in Valencia’s crime rate. We have lived here for ten and a half years and lost nothing worth more than $100 US to anyone we didn’t invite into our house.

As for being a (TARGET). If you are a heavy drinker that likes to stager down dark side streets, in Dumaguete, with 1,000.00 pesos bills falling out of your pockets. Then yes you will be a TARGET.

As far as the small cons and inflated prices you will have to learn to deal that. I once was told that the price went from 400 to 1500 because I was “a foreigner and had the money”. I have lost my tan to the point that I almost glow in the dark. I am expecting an increase in the prices. :arghh: :facepalm: :sour:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020