Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Cute puppies

1. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Just wanted to share a couple pics of some tiny, cute 6 week old puppies.

The mom is a mix breed we were able to adopt a couple years ago from a lumber yard; her DNA test shows her to be mostly mini pin with mostly equal parts Japanese Spitz, Pekingese and some others that were just put into possible classes.

The dad is a pure breed Papillon that I purchased in Korea and brought to the Philippines. I got him as I wanted a good dog that would do well both in the apartment style in Korea as well as have the run of my construction site (on a leash on site obviously...safety first).

I think the puppies (2 girls and a boy) look more like the Papillon; that is with the coloring and the round head, plus they are little fluff balls of pure speed. Definitely have to watch where you are walking at all times. I got my boy when he was 10 weeks old but the attitude of the pups seem way more Papillon. Only months will tell if they get the long hair on the ears and body that make the Papillon such a handsome breed of dog.

I know some folks don't like to see dogs mixed, especially pure breed dogs. I understand arguments from both sides. Papillons are not a common breed in the Philippines, actually not a very common breed in Korea. Took me quite awhile to find a reputable breeder and that was out of Seoul and I was in Daegu. So the chances to breed him are slim here. Second...everyone that has seen both our mix girl and our Papillon wanted a pup if they ever were bred. So finding them responsible, loving homes will not be an issue.

Shawn
    IMG_2102.JPG IMG_2107.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Just updating this one...attached is a pic of our Papillon and the last pup the day I left the PI to head to PR (has it been a month already?). One girl went to our vet, the other female to a customer of the vet; had the boy for a week or so after his sisters left. Really good pup. He went to his forever home right after I left (I think the wife delayed him going until I left).

The wife keeps in touch with all the new owners and they are all so pleased to have the little gals and boy to be a part of their families.

Shawn
    Loki and Kimchi.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Another pic of the pups.

Shawn
    Sleeping pups.JPG

• Like Like x 2