1. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Best Answer
    I wish you all the best mate, as I now also face my own mortality for the second time in 9 years, (stage 4 cancer). My remission is over and only recent medication,(very expensive), seems to have applied the brakes to things a little.
    It is easy to say, but try and relax a bit more, consult whoever needs to be consulted(medically speaking) and never give up. I have also try to adhere to the old adage, "Still breathing, still fighting".
    I wish you the best of luck, medical knowledge and send you good vibes.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Thank you so much for your offer.
    Here is the latest in my nightmare;

The work done in Manila the day before got me well enough to fly. By then we were completely out of cash and a maxed out Visa card. My brothers chipped in and we were able to get a ticket to San Francisco Once we got to Sea-Tack, Alaska Air called an ambulance and we were in the VA ER. The VA did another catheterization and did some busting up of some of the blockages. That is two catheterization in three days. The third catheterization in 3 weeks and I was beginning to fear the word catheterization. Almost three days in ICU and discharged yesterday afternoon. Im still weak and shaky but glad to be out of the hospital.[​IMG] Im looking at 3 or 4 weeks of cardiac rehab. Now working on a place to stay during that rehab. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. HAVOCGOOSE 22

HAVOCGOOSE 22 DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Goofball, LOL Retired AFSOC
    Ratings:
    +42 / 6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Dear Sir, If you have any way to make it to Angeles City you can check in to Medical City Clark, They take FMP and do not require you to pay anything up front!!! We have some of the best Dr’s around, Most come from Manila! All you will need to bring is your FMP letter listing your Disabilities and your Mil ID of VA card. They will file everything for you!!!

If your wife comes with you she can stay with you in the hospital as a watcher! As for food the VFW here and the Foreign Leagon have people to help out! I am 100% to but I can do my best to help. You can get a room with a ref so your wife can keep food and snacks and the nurses station has a microwave that she can use.

If you decide to come here please let me know and I will pick you up from the Airport here at Clark or you can arrange through the medical city to be picked up! Their phone # is 045-300-8888. Also here is my number 906-345-2161 Cell #. If you can send me any of your info ahead of time I can go get you pre-checked in and have the Dr’s waiting for you! My email is jdtubbs@hotmail.com.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS AN OPTION FOR YOU! I HAVE PLENTY OF EXTRA SPACE IN MY HOME IF YOU NEED TO STAY AND RECOVER FOR A BIT, SORRY I DON’T HAVE AIRCON! BUT WE MAY BE ABLE TO FIND SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU MORE COMFORTABLE!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!
    John Tubbs
    Ret AFSOC

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Wow, that's a crazy journey you have been through. Glad you made it back to the motherland. This really puts all other problems in perspective. Thanks for sharing and we're all rooting for a good outcome.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Take care of yourself.
    Nobody will help you if you don't help yourself.

If I would be in your shoes I certainly would go back right away to my home country (Germany) and would enjoy the best treatment available. Paid by insurance

You should not create additional headache by dealing with Philippine doctors and VA. That isn't good for your heart either.

Go home, recover, and come back for another 15 years. First beer is for me. At Grumpy's or Bogart or where ever it suits you.
    Promised.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HAVOCGOOSE 22

HAVOCGOOSE 22 DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Goofball, LOL Retired AFSOC
    Ratings:
    +42 / 6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Very Glad to hear your still FIGHTING!!! But sorry to hear you had to go broke to get to where you are!!!
    Sorry didn’t read good enough,LOL, your in the States!! I don’t know anyone in SF but what I would look for is the nearest Fil/AM club! I am suer they will have someone that will take you in and help you out!!! Again just my 2 cents!! Most of the time we don’t think of these things!!!!

PLEASE keep us posted on your Recovery and BEST of LUCK TO YOU AND YOURS!!! GOD BLESS!!! Goose out

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  7. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I had all the above Symptom. I also have Acid reflux just to complicate things but when I take 15 antacid tablets and get no relief, I assume that it is my heart. It was my heart.

Just a heart beat away from cardiac arrest. I seen the films and it looks like a metal junk yard. Doc says that 5 or 6 more stents would not do the job. He said if I insisted on more stents he would refuse because in 2 to 4 years I would be in the same boat I was already in. Said he could get me on the OR table Thursday. I said no thanks that 2.5 million pesos (about $48,000.oo) was just more money than I could beg bower or steal in the next day. He use to work for the VA so he knew what I was up against. We checked out Thursday noon and I left the hospital feeling worse than when I checked in. Home now knowing that my next breath could be my last. I need to start, tomorrow, getting my SHlT in order so there is no fighting over all this junk I will be leaving behind. I would have to dig one hell of a big hole to take it with me. I just hope that the final heart beat isn't to painful. I am service connected for my heart condition. My VA rating is a full 100% permanent and total. Now the VA is requiring me to pay up front for all my medical needs. I believe that they knew damm well why they changed that and what effect that would have on us vets. Anyway Im still breathing and bitching. Our staff, handyman and house keeper, shared the duties of house siting while we were gone. I am really grateful for the both of them, very good people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    sorry to hear this, Jim. i have been having my onw battle with angina. for the last few years, i wouold get angina any time i overexerted or got excited about something, or sometimes after a large meal. this has always been easily remedied with a isirdil sublingual under the tounge. it has never been much of a problem, since i discovered the isordil. until now.

on friday march 29 i got a case of bad food from one of valencias fine dining estblishments. my stomach was a mess for 6 days, with severe diarhea and vomitting for the first three days. then after 6 days, it was over, or so i thought, and i felt ok (but not good) for a couple of days.

last saturday april 6 i had a late dinner. about an hour afer i went to bed i had a very bad attack of angina. it lasted about 6 hours and was the most intense i have had in years, since discovering the isirdil. unlike always before, the isirdil did nothing to alleviate this attack. the wife and i were up all night with her massaging by neck sholder and arm. it was very intense.

this was repeated on sunday, monday, and tuesday nights. an hour or so after i went to bed, i would be awakened with very intense angina that would last for hours. nothign we treid seemed to help.

after much research i suspected it was being triggered by indigestion. yesterday, I ate very lightly, and ate nothing after 4 pm, and drank a glass of water laced with baking soda right before bed.

last night, no angina. i hope i have found the trigger.

finding the trigger to angina is the key to relief. i hope this will help you or others dealing with this affliction.

best wishes!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Good luck and never give up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Swissrider

Swissrider DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    All the best and good luck in Cebu !

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk