Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Danish Lagoon Resort in Siquijor

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by The Dane, Mar 20, 2010.

1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I found this by pure chance surfing around on the web.

The pictures are really nice and the rooms look very comfortable. Rates does not seem to be to bad either.

So - anybody stayed at this resort yet?

It would be nice with a review of the Danish Lagoon in Siquijor.

Danish Lagoon - Home - Siquijor Island Beach Resort, Philippines

2. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    the Restaurant at Danish Lagoon

We didn't stay at the resort, although it is visually appealing. However, we did have breakfast at their restaurant on Sunday morning. All of their breakfasts were P200, even the cornflakes, which I found quite expensive, but we decided to eat there anyway, thinking that the breakfast would, at least, be good. We all ordered 2 eggs, sunny-side up, with bacon, rice and coffee. The eggs were undercooked; actually, so runny that the waitress had trouble keeping them on the plate. The rice was wet and not yet completely cooked, and the thick slabs of bacon were so tough that we couldn't cut them with knife and fork; we had to literally tear the bacon apart with our teeth! To top it off, our coffee was an only 3in1. They didn't serve brewed coffee! The presentation and service were above average, but I would have expected a lot more care in the actual preparation and quality of the food for P200.

If this is any indication of resort as a whole, I would not stay there and I definitely will not return to the restaurant. Sorry for the negative comments but we all, in our group, agreed on this.

3. blacksmith

blacksmith DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any updated reviews?