Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Dealerships

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Senjenbing, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +428 / 198
    We are considering buying a new vehicle and would appreciate any feedback on the performance & support, or lack of either, at Ford & Toyota Dumaguete.

Thanks in advance

2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,391 / 1,263
    I've had 3 new Toyotas and have been pretty happy with them.
    A guy with a Ford (might have been a new Focus) looked at my Vios because the Ford Tech from Bacolod had looked at his car 3 times and hadn't fixed it yet.
    Toyota fixed some collision damage for me. It didn't take long and the work was good.
    Side note; their bodyshop was jam packed with smashed vehicles, mostly suvs and pick up trucks. It appears people just don't respect entitled people and get out of their way. Jebnus!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ShawnM

ShawnM Living the dream, Plan B ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,767 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm a Hyundai guy, we have a couple vehicles from them and the support from the dealership has been decent. A Kona and H-100 truck; we are both pleased. Purchased in 2020.

Shawn

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    I had a Toyota Rush and was very happy with the car and service. Very well organize.

5. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 12
    From my experiences I can say that Toyota is making beautiful and reliable cars. I had many of them, mostly pickups or vans, during my time in Middle East.

Can't say anything about the Toyota dealership or quality of mechanics or availability of spare parts in Dumaguete.

Actually I am driving a Nissan Navarra Calibre and I am more than happy with the car as well as the dealership. Had no repairs yet but maintenance was done nicely.

6. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    We had an ISUZU for many years and were very satisfied with its quality. We currently don't have a car because my wife is working in Europe. When I buy my next car, I am considering trying a Chinese car brand. I recently saw a video of the new Geely Okavango Urban Plus and was quite impressed. The owner reviews of the Okavango are also mostly positive. It really seems that the Chinese have also made great progress in the automotive sector.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    having spent 14 years in China and knowing this ( only need to look in tops n bottoms and unitop ) only the shyte the Chinese can't push on any self-respecting country, they have an outlet in the phils for.......and the only thing to match the Chinese mechanics is the Filipino sales service...Chinese-built cars for destined for Europe and the Philippines come from different factories and with good reason

8. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 12
    I do agree that car producers in China are progressing and beeing able ti deliver good quality cars.

But where is the next Geely dealership and or garage in Dumaguete ?

I am still of the opinion that before choosing a specific brand or model everybody should check carefully the situation at the place where he is living in terms of garages, mechanics and availability of spare parts. And then choose your car.

Maybe you will not end up with the best car available but the combination of a good car and a good garage is whst makes your life easier in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1