Dumaguete Info Search

Dealing with Addiction

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree 100% with everything you said, I grew up in the one city for 34 years and watched it grow into one infamous for drug use/abuse and lazy people, many on welfare, I have watched millions thrown into free Drug rooms where addicts can safely use their drugs (with medics on standby in case something went wrong), free needle exchange (where diabetics had to pay for their needles), free counseling, free methadone where I watched friends get high for free for claiming they had an addiction, I have watched an entire generation die or sink to depths that taught me NOT to follow suit!

Now the Government is looking at cancelling Welfare Benefits for anyone testing positive for drugs, well GOOD! Those with half a brain will get off the sh*t that is killing them and others, the other half can suffer what they bring upon themselves, I have no pity for someone who chooses to kill themselves by doing something stupid, they know/knew the risks, if they were too stupid then they only have themselves to blame, end of story. Having been a victim of these scumbags, I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THEM! Pandering to them often only increases the problem.

EDIT:
    And before some think that I was born with a Silver Spoon in my mouth so managed to avoid much of what the 'poor addicts' had to endure, let me advise, I suffered physical and mental abuse from a very young age, I grew up poor as a Rat! I went to Public schooling and ended up in counseling at a young age, I rebelled, I dabbled, I did bad sh*t, I fought everyone, I tried many things and the worst I believe was alcohol, many are very ignorant of the effects it can have on a person, I suffered from severe depression, I got screwed over every which way but loose, I was so poor at times I looked in bins for food, at one time I even considered selling myself to eat, I lived surrounded by Drug users and alcoholics, I had friends who were drug addicts/dealers, I had friends who were senior Police Officers, I managed to get through life without ever once having to stand in a Court of Law, without once ever having a Warrant issued for my arrest, I have never had a Criminal Record and often just going by my appearance Police have given me a very hard time because they could not find something on me so thought I had changed my name despite having a driving record going back to 1980, I KNEW the difference between RIGHT & WRONG! THAT is what is lacking in the majority of people who blame their problems on someone else, they just can NOT admit they are the ones in the wrong and knew which path to take when they came to that fork in the road, what ever happens to them is their own doing, you do NOT need to take the easy road, life wasn't meant to be easy, life owes you nothing, ONLY YOU can make the right decision and if you make the wrong decision then you get what you get!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017