Where to Find Best Posts in Thread: Decent, Cheapish Notory Lawyer

1. sudowpa2ph

sudowpa2ph DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Ah okay I did not know that.

All I know is I went in there to get a certified copy of my divorce decree and they charged me 100php per page. I also had to supply my own copies which I found strange because most lawyers offices carries xerox copiers just for reasons like that. The lady that did the certification was rude about it too.

But what I notice in the Philippines is that no one here has a standard of procedure (SOP). I had to get a notary in Alabang and it took 45 min because he made 3 copies of the paper and kept one for himself and added lines at the bottom of the original page to make it Lawyer legal then they had to record it. Took 45 min and had 3 people working on it.

I hope that you find a good lawyer in Dumaguete from a local foreigner and stick with him. Good people are hard to come by in this country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Mike Miguel just as side of robinsons in the new building upstairs. P150

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    In case people didn't know, you have to be a lawyer to be a notary in the Philippines.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Robinsons mall and he's a good guy and plays straight!

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. sudowpa2ph

sudowpa2ph DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    You have to get a lawyer or a lawyer's assistant to notarize or do certified copies. Banks here will or cannot do it like they can in the United States. Why? Well, we all live here and there are things that we cannot explain and when we ask. They tell us it's "policy"

There are two lawyers that will do notaries and certified copies up the stairs on the left just before you get to the immigration down town in the same hallway.

• Informative Informative x 2