Dumaguete Info Search

Dengue Fever 2nd Time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, Nov 5, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Sorry to hear of your illness, and get well soon. Did you catch it here or in Aus.?

2. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hello pato thank you, here, havent been back to au in 5 years,

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I feel for you mate, I had that when I was 19 and OMG the aches, the pains, the SWEATING! :( I honestly thought I was dying hey! I had it for two weeks thinking it would go away but it didn't... The Dr thought I had Brucellosis from the Meatworks I was working at and ran every test imaginable for that and Q Fever, but as it turned out; I had been bitten by a Mosquito around 6 weeks earlier when I was living on the Sunshine Coast out amongst the Cane fields. That was when I developed my true hatred of Mosquitoes! :mad: As if it wasn't bad enough before having to be clothed head to toe in the middle of Summer to try and stop being eaten alive by the mongrel things, it was relentless day and night living there! :mad:

Hit up the anti-inflammatories and rest mate, a LOT! It took around 2 to 4 years before I stopped thinking about every ache and pain as being related to Ross River Fever, I HATE the lil black basturds! :(

4. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have tried finding them in the Philippines via Google and eBay and had no luck, if anyone find them around Dumaguete please let me know, or where to buy the Citronella Fuel for the light-flares locally. One would assume that a Country so plagued by Mosquitoes would be selling the stuff on every street corner... o_O

5. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hello Brian

these little bastards seem to target Brians guna change my name and see if that works, I dont know if the pain i have is from the mozy virus or my car accident, maybe a little of both. thanks for your reply you were very informative.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    that ross river virus can be very bad......it also recurs in you for years even when you get over it

7. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That it does! The Dr told me 2 years maximum but the arthritic joint pain seemed to linger I reckon 4 years? Then there were the inexplicable hot sweats at night where I'd soak the bed regardless if it was Winter or Summer! Gave me a new respect & an even bigger hatred for the damned things, first thing I did getting home was converting a Coke bottle to a Yeast Mozzie Trap!