Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong Best Posts in Thread: DENR IS INSPECTING THE BEACH AREAS HERE !!!

1. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    Somehow, I like your comment. Maybe you should think about where you live - in a country with clearly defined laws and rules. and one of these laws says; no permanent buildings / constructions in the easement zone at the beach - this law has a reason. People who are building there, denying the public access to the beach are simply ignorant and selfish, in mho. they are breaking the law, and this is a slap in the face for all the people who follow the rules - so, would you accept this in your home country? You accept that illegal pig farms with all the dirt running down to the sand bring peoples health in danger? Hm. My comment has nothing to do with crab mentality; I just feel absolutely no pity with people ignoring / breaking the law, specially not with the rich ones, and no matter what nationality they are. my only concern is about the poor squatter people, I hope they get a fair compensation from the government - if ever anything happens.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. tuba-coma

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    add-on: today; 2 inspectors from the sanitary / health office inspected the area, took photos etc. A lot of action within 3 days only - quite impressive, compared to the past in this country. let's see what consequences will follow but I think they are serious this time. The president met all mayors of the country this week and he surely gave them some homework and they know that there is nothing to discuss about anymore - respect for this presidents authority. As long as a lot of people specially in the Bacong area built their houses in the easement zone, there might be a lot of howling and whining in the nearest future :-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    From what i have seen of the behaviour of the humans visiting the beaches the pigs are probably better for the enviroment as the pigs food/drink does not come in plastic bottles/bags that they leave all over and eventually ends up in the water to kill the fish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    In the case of the squatter that lives 70 meters from my place. He has a piggery on the beach, a mere 7 meters from the high water mark. I say shut them down, regardless of whether or not they know they are breaking the law. When the pig pens get cleaned out, the waste is just hosed on to the beach.
    That sounds like something a little more serious than a poorly positioned nippa hut.

Did you read the post of Tuba-coma and comprehend the issue involves sanitation and health.
    You can accuse me of having a crab mentality as well if you want. I'll be happy when I can go down to the beach in flip-flops instead of rubber boots.

The only misfortune this squatter has is he can't raise the 20 pigs at his home in downtown Bacong. I don't feel sorry for that guy at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  5. tuba-coma

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    today at about 1pm a group of 4 people showed up at our beach area. I talked to them and they said they are from the DENR (Department of Environment and Natural Resources); inspecting the area for illegal structures. I just saw them here in Bacong, I guess they came from Dauin beach and they might even go to Dumaguete. They were wearing the plastic ID cards around the neck, and they were equipped with computerized measuring instruments, digital cameras etc. they checked all illegal structures in our neighbourhood, took pictures and measured out if the buildings are in the environmental protection zone / easement zone. They said, all informations will be submitted to the head office in Manila. So, after starting to clean up Boracay, Panglao, Palawan, etc, they arrived here - impressive. The new president really seems to bring a change to the country. Remember, the DENR is the office with authority to close your business / tear down your house, if it is settled within the 30m easement zone, measured from the highest shoreline at the beach. Breaking news, really :-)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have and I've seen whiter beaches at inland lakes in Indiana. More times than not "white sand beaches" in the Philippines are just a marketing ploy to get foreign tourists in. The locals have over-fished most of the coastal areas. White sand beaches are going to fade back to yellow/brown when you do that.

The real white sand beaches I've been to hurt to look at without sunglasses during midday. That type of sand is more of a powder....and what I would consider a real white sand beach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Have you been to Alona Beach? It was very white, back in the day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Dude, government does it all the time. :wink: It's for your own good. LOL

This link is written a little more clearly.
    https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/presdecs/pd1976/pd_1067_1976.html
    Article 51. The banks of rivers and streams and the shores of the seas and lakes throughout their entire length and within a zone of three (3) meters in urban areas, twenty (20) meters in agricultural areas and forty (40) meters in forest areas, along their margins are subject to the easement of public use in the interest of recreation, navigation, floatage, fishing and salvage. No person shall be allowed to stay in this zone longer than what is necessary for recreation, navigation, floatage, fishing or salvage or to build structures of any kind.

This is pretty straight forward. These lands belong to the state and are for public use unless the state decides otherwise. Hard for the public to use if there is a house in the middle of it.

Some pretty overarching control of water. The government even owns the rain......

Article 5. The following belong to the State:

(a) Rivers and their natural beds;

(b) Continuous or intermittent waters of springs and brooks running in their natural beds and the beds themselves;

(c) Natural lakes and lagoons;

(d) All other categories of surface waters such as water flowing over lands, water from rainfall whether natural, or artificial, and water from agriculture runoff, seepage and drainage;

(e) Atmospheric water;

(f) Subterranean or ground waters; and,

(g) Seawater.

Article 6. The following waters found on private lands belong to the State:

(a) Continuous or intermittent waters rising on such lands;

(b) Lakes and lagoons naturally occuring on such lands;

(c) Rain water falling on such lands;

(d) Subterranean or ground waters; and,

(e) Water in swamps and marshes.

The owner of the land where the water is found may use the same for domestic purposes without securing a permit, provided that such use shall be registered, when required by the Council. The Council, however, may regulate such when there is wastage, or in times of emergency.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  9. tuba-coma

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    where is the pitfall here?
    Under Article 51 of the Presidential Decree No. 1067, otherwise known as “The Water Code of the Philippines": Salvage Zone is defined as “the zone of three (3) meters in urban areas, twenty (20) meters in agricultural areas and forty (40) meters in forest areas, along their margins, subject to the easement of public use in the interest of recreation, navigation, flotage, fishing and salvage. No person shall be allowed to stay in this zone longer than what is necessary for recreation, navigation, floatage, fishing or salvage or to build structures of any Kind"
    and yes, you are right with the lawyer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Squatters should get nothing from the government ever. they are already breaking the law and the law should be the same for everyone, rich or poor.

• Agree Agree x 1