Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong Best Posts in Thread: DENR IS INSPECTING THE BEACH AREAS HERE !!!

1. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    I understand what makes you rolling on the floor laughing, but consider this: the fact, that a law is not implemented doesn't mean it is not existing. You cannot ignore that there is a statute book in the Philippines, and some smart executives change their mind and want to enforce the laws now, for the benefit of the people, for environmental protection and simply for justice. Look at Boracay, Panglao, El Nido etc and you see the change.
    Not knowing about law isn't an excuse for wrongdoing. If you rob a bank in your home country and you get caught by the police, telling them you didn't know that bank robbery is not legal; what do you think they will do with you?
    Society doesn't work if everyone is going his own way. It's a community thing...only that guarantees luck for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +247 / 138
    mis•for•tune
    (mɪsˈfɔr tʃən)

n.
    1. adverse fortune; bad luck.
    2. an instance of this.
    [1400–50]
    syn: misfortune, adversity, affliction refer to an event or circumstance that is hard to bear and beyond one's control. misfortune is any adverse occurrence or situation involving bad luck: She had the misfortune to break her leg. adversity suggests one of a series of misfortunes: Job endured many adversities but kept his faith in God. affliction suggests a misfortune that causes great suffering: Blindness is a severe affliction.

Yes it would be in poor taste to laugh at someones misfortune.

I don't think this quote qualifies as misfortune as it was not beyond control.
    Just deserts? Karma? Warrant? Rate? Justified? Not misfortune.

When someone speeds past me on the freeway then later on I catch up to see them getting a ticket, dang straight I'm going to laugh. Might even toot my horn if it's a friend!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1