Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong DENR IS INSPECTING THE BEACH AREAS HERE !!!

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by tuba-coma, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :hilarious: I knew that, just teasing :smile:

2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I'm not an English native speaker but I'm pretty confident you misunderstand that. The (less shortened) quote is:

No person shall be allowed to stay in this zone longer than what is necessary for recreation, navigation, floatage, fishing or salvage or to build structures of any kind.

I understand it as: you're neither allowed to stay there for longer than necessary for..., nor are you allowed to build structures of any kind. Imho that is an interpretation that not only is sound but also makes more sense as a statement. "don't stay there longer than necessary for recreation and don't build anything permanent" makes more sense to me than "don't stay there longer than necessary for recreation unless you are building a house, then stay as long as you want" , no?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That sounds logical and conforms with what I have seen in other parts of Philippines. :thumbsup:

All that remains is to see how the DENR interpret their own rules.

4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    And don't p*ss into the wind....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Justice911

Justice911 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +72 / 9
    Yes, it is frightening how environmental protection is dealt with here. It seems to be more important to Philippinos to block intersections and not to leave a gap for the intersecting traffic .... nevertheless I love their mentality at the bottom line, this original and childlike. But as mentioned environmental protection is mentally and intellectually for them a foreign word .... look the photo on the beautiful beach of Dauin, there is now for years this ugly Comfort Room ruin 200 m after the El Dorado resort (in the direction of Dumaguete) in front of the now abandoned "Harrolds Dive Resort" ...... Apart from the plastic bottles and remnants of slippers and rubbish, what visitors to the beautiful beach leave behind. I wonder, however, would the mayor of Dauin not from time to time walk along the beach, which brings him many divisives ??? !!! 0-02-06-6bc010b325bbe0a22152efdb92910023c6de55d79037e059ba9f0aa1ab2e972b_full.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2018
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What is going on in that picture? Is it attached to the tree by a string? Are they afraid it is going to float away?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. TD3725

TD3725 DI New Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 6
    I'm just waiting for the day when hundreds of existing beachfront homes get demolished along the beach shores of Bacong and San Miguel by the government (because they have built too close to the waterline less than 20 -30m) to allow for the construction of new approved projects such as the new Dumaguete ferry terminal (to be built in San Miguel) AND an oceanfront boulevarde extending all the way from San Miguel (Coco plant) to the one in Dumaguete city, complete with cycling tracks, public walkways, even palm trees. That's why the DENR dream team were there, to add up how many houses had built too close to the waterline and will need to be demolished. As I said I'm waiting for this day. I think all the worlds media will be there too.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    ?????????????????????????????????

• Funny Funny x 2