Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Dentist needed

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by brian ausie, Jun 10, 2012.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Rony went to see Dr. Chua yesterday, another respected dentist in Dumaguete. He concurred with Dr. Garupa. 5 of the 7 fillings done by Dr. Tia were put in over the top of decay. Left as it is, the tooth will rot out underneath, and then need to be pulled.

Bottom line is in addition to the cost of work done improperly, Dr. Tia nearly cost my wife 5 teeth. Thank god she had a toothache!

Larry

2. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I wanna share this to you guys, as I pity those patients who were victims of a bad Doctors in town:
    I've been to different Dentist here in Dgte specially the one mentioned here as the best in dgte...I have to be honest I'm not satisfied. If you guys have time, try to go to Cebu and see the difference, from the south bus terminal or at the airport tell the taxi driver to drop you right in front of TiTA Gwapa fronting Tamiya at Basak, Lapulapu city. when you get down at Tita Gwapa (its a grocery store as big as Fortune mart) Left side of tita gwapa you can see a 3floor building ( Donalen Bldg.), you can see right away at the 2nd floor "Comprehensive dentistry & Orthodontics" Dr. Hygia Villamor - Amistad. She's one of the best Dentist in town, Top 8th if I'm not mistaken from the Dental Board Exam. Graduated at Cebu doctors University with further studies if I'm not mistaken at University of the Philippines and more etc. I tell you shes REALLY GOOD, all her apparatus and materials used during I was a patient are really the best one. She also got autoclave, xray and the clinic were really clean,quiet as in NO CHILDREN/KIDS around. What's the catch? I observed, she don't save those cement for fillings and dont used cheaper brands at the price of the same as other dentist in town. She don't recommend teeth /tooth to be extracted as long as it can be save ( for me, a tooth being extracted right away is a lazy work for a lazy doctor in which that tooth can still be save, as much as possible save it because real tooth is so much better than the fake one). She give you lot s of options how to save the teeth.She really cares and make her work perfectly, shes not in hurry from one patient to another one which I've observe from other Dentists in town. Maybe because shes not into the money but she loves to practice what she wants.I'm satisfied with her, imagine... I got large fillings from her since 2001 till now it wasn't crack or damage even I eat hard foods but of course I have to be very careful. i also done a tooth surgery from her. my sister done some braces. We all got no complain. Perhaps, you can try her guys, I'm not sure if this number is still active (032) 341-5895.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Thanks for the report, but you do realize going to Lapu2 to see a dentist is a bit time/cost prohibitive? Every time we go to Cebu it costs us P5000, and that does not include going to Mactan.

Larry

4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think from a ferry -Sibulan to Ceres at Lilo-an to Cebu city with snack cost less than 500 per person that's for one way trip. More expensive if you bring a car with you to Cebu. Riding a Taxi from South Bus terminal to Tamiya Lapulapu is less than 300php based on meter rate for the Taxi. Try checking in at Sugbotel they have as much as less than 350/night or 99php for 30days ahead bookings on a dormitory type rooms or at Ashalily guest house at mango ave near mango park hotel 350/night - 600/night depending on the room or at Kukuks Nest Garden Restaurant And Pension House 500php during offpeak its located crossing infront of the old SSS bldg at Gorordo. You can also ask the Doctor itself for affordable stay in cebu, his uncle owns a pension house at Lapulapu. You can also try Verbena Capitol Suites, it got free wifi and breakfast at 800/night.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Our trips usually work out like this;

Fare round trip two people on Ceres P1000.

Hotel 2 nights P1600 w/breakfast. (When we get off the bus, we are beat. We want nothing more than to relax for a while. Same coming other way, we want to be on bus no later than noon, racing to Lapu2 and back for dental work and trying to make the bus that day is not going to happen.)

Food P1500.

Miscellaneous P500.

Total P4600.

Add at least P500 for taxi to/from Lapu2. (You have us staying uptown, add at least another P200 for taxi)

Sorry, we don't stay in dumps or dormitories, or eat garbage when out and about. Cebu is expensive to eat out in.

Now add in 3 days away from home, we are busy people already, it costs us money/business when we are not home answering emails, phones, etc...

Not really feasible for us. Your mileage may vary.

Larry

6. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    I do prefer male dentists when you get right down to it. I simple reach over and grab him quite firmly by the gonads and say "Doc, don't hurt me and i won't hurt you" ! And no I am not what some may be thinking. But I get my point accross. All's fair in war and the dentist chair.