Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Dentists and dentures

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by notanewbie, Apr 30, 2015.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i was at Primer recently and got a nummer (injection). she pre-numbed the area with a cotton swab loaded with a nummer before she gave me the injection. i never felt the injection or any discomfort while she filed my cavity. i also didn't have numb lips, fat tongue, etc after the appointment.

one caution tho... if she gives you a cup of pink water and asks you to gargle (in the throat), where i can from, she wants you to ''swish'' (move the liquid amongst your teeth) but i gargled and had bubbles and foam running down my neck.

yuppp... it's more fun in da fils...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When my tooth broke she saw me the next morning, don't know if she makes 'emergency' appointments or I just got lucky.

Yes, she does the numbing, giving it time to work before she gets started. Somehow she seems to know right amount so you feel no pain but aren't numb the rest of the day. Maybe US dentists just give a double dose so they don't have to think?

I just did the swish and spit in the little sink like normal, no problem.

3. GBorba

GBorba DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have had some recent experience with dentists. My daughter and her husband visited us from New Zealand and did want to get some dental work done here.

We took them to Ong dental where they had their teeth cleaned and were told they had no cavities. Being suspicious I took them to Premiere dental immediately afterward and had an X-Ray done for the husband: two cavities and some issue with a protrusion on one of his fillings, which he said did make flossing difficult. Then had our daughter get a X-Ray that did not show any cavities but a couple of areas she needed to be careful with brushing and flossing. Later had the husband go back to get the fillings and correcting the existing filling overhang. In addition she found a small spot (cavity) that did not show up on the X-Ray.

Overall, I was very impressed with the dentist at Premiere and set up an appointment for me and my wife. My impression of the office was it was small but had good equipment. I was very impressed with the dentist including her professionalism. Cost wise I cannot say if Premiere is on the expensive or cheap side vs other local dentists - to me, good quality dental work trumps low cost anytime!

4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Premier will give you pain killer.

If you want a quicker appointment I would suggest you go to their office across from the Phonix Gas Station, do not park in front of the office, but around the corner. Pull out the bee or wasp you caught earlier in the morning, and place it against your cheek. After it bites you wait until the swelling goes up and walk in the office with tears in your eyes and ask for an emergency appointment. You can probably get a much quicker appointment then... lol.
    (Secret thought) I think she keeps the 1 PM slot open for emergencies. Go there personally and try to connect with the dentist. The receptionist seems to be a fire wall to getting an appointment, so try to get past the receptionist and connect with the dentist and I think you will get what you need for your mouth. I too (like GBorba) have gotten appointment with in 4 hours for emergency work. I have been very happy with the services of the Dentist).
    @Dave_Hounddriver

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Maybe they aren't used to their "little picker" getting much of a reaction. :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yrotmaharg

Yrotmaharg DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for your replies everyone! I also emailed Premier and was told she's fully booked for two weeks. I replied saying that it really hurt and asked if she could just take a look to see what I would need to do at the appointment two weeks later. She said I could come in during her lunch break. Who does that? I would definitely recommend Dr Julie. She's professional, explains everything and definitely didn't try to oversell anything. I don't know about the painkillers yet (hopefully I won't have to find out), but I can let you know after my checkup in a week. A checkup is 500P by the way, and I also don't know if that's expensive for Dumaguete.

7. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not sure if $10 is "high" or not, I am certainly not willing to save a dollar or two (literally) when I get such good service and quality care at Premier.