Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Best Posts in Thread: DFA Dumaguete too good to be true

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    It gets worse. When applying for the passport for the first time, a filipina needs specific kinds of ID. A driver's license is one of the better ones. So you make the appointment and 3 or 4 months later your day comes so you go in . . . . only to find the paper driver's license is useless as ID so she has to wait a year for the plastic copy. (Exaggeration: I have only been waiting 8 months so far for mine and hopefully will get it before the year is up. Then I will have 4 years left on my 5 year license.) Welcome to Philippines.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I know of people who are paying 600 pesos to get a slot from someone advertising them on Facebook. It is no better than a 'ticket tout' system and a very great disgrace.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Beige123

Beige123 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hi guys just want to share it with you, I found a website that contains information about DFA, DFA Forms and DFA Form guides. Check this out : Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    It is what it is :pompus:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Below is “among the attires prohibited”. I suspect wearing a bra is mandatory for the ladies as well.

“We wish to advise our clients applying for Philippine passport or availing of other DFA services to observe proper decorum by wearing appropriate attire or observing dress code,” De Mesa told the Philippine Information Agency during the Consular office’s first year anniversary on Tuesday.
    De Mesa said the observance of dress code is strictly implemented in all DFA offices as a sign of respect to the institution.
    Among the attires prohibited at the DFA offices are: above the knee shorts, sandos, sleeveless undergarments, short shorts, pants skirts with very low waist line or very high side slits, blouses or shirts that show the navel, transparent and off- shoulder, spaghetti straps, backless and plunging neckline blouses and mini-skirts.
    Wearing of sunglasses, slippers, sandals, flip- flops and hats are also strictly prohibited.
    De Mesa reiterated DFA’s on-line appointment system. Applicants are advised to log-on to Passport Appointment System.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Done. Lets keep it on topic now

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    She had her Valhealth card, which got her a learner's driver's license, and she used those two for her Passport.

8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    They did not when my gf tried. But remember there are two ids, primary and secondary. Many ids qualify for the secondary id but the primary id's are
    LIST OF ACCEPTABLE IDS (At least 1 of the following):

• Government-issued picture IDs such as the following:
    • Digitized SSS ID
    • Driver’s License
    • GSIS E-card
    • PRC ID
    • IBP ID
    • OWWA ID
    • Digitized BIR ID
    • Senior Citizen’s ID
    • Unified Multi-Purpose ID
    • Voter’s ID

9. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    As most of you guys have wives or GFs and possibly kids with Filipino citizenship then this may interest you.

I went to the DFA in Dumaguete to enquire about the procedure for application of a passport. Both my wife and son (by adoption) have Filipino passports. We plan to go abroad for a holiday in April, so we want to renew our son's passport (including name change) before applying for the schengen visa which is required.

The guy on the information desk was very helpful and described the procedure and gave the requirements. Just go online to get an appointment and fill up the application form, then turn up on the date to submit your documents and the passport takes about 10 days to process (renewal).

Sounds very civilised and organised, so what can go wrong I thought, after all this is the Philippines.

So, when I got home I decided to go online to see when we could get an appointment. The site showed a calendar from which you could select a date between 13th December 2017 and 28th March 2018, green being available and red full. Surprise, surprise, every single date was full, no available appointment for three and a half months! Unbelievable.

So, we'll have to go to Cebu? But no, also completely full. So, what kind of f----d up system is this?

So, I managed to get an appointment for end of January in Bacolod!! An 8 hour round trip by car, gas, meals, possible hotel and additional cost of courier service to send us the passport.

Next time in Robinsons Movieworld when the DFA ad comes up I am going to "booooo", loudly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2