Dumaguete Info Search

DFA Office

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by horizon155, Nov 27, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    LOL for all the times ive heard "just wait one moment sir" haha

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I take it some of you have noticed that negros is always last and getting anything fixed? Why is that, any ideas?
    Laws are not followed or enforced like Cebu or manila,or even bohol or siquijor (traffic laws). We are always the last to get anything done or new offices which work and even with more expats per area than most places. Look at the bi office,what's going on there, why have they not got a shiny new office like most places and in the mall etc. the bi office here is like stepping back into the 1950's :smile:
    Look at the dfa office, how long has it been like this! Well over a year. Why is negros always left behind the other islands.
    Maybe it's a good thing I dont know, your views people?

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'd say you need to visit some other parts of the Philippines. Dumaguete is far from "last" in almost all aspects of implementing laws or living standards. It might not be at the top of any given last but overall it averages quite high in the country. If you want to see how shitty Cebu can be I suggest you go check out the living in cebu forum. Plenty of people bitching about how bad things in cebu can get. And Manila.....really? If Dumaguete was anything like Manila I wouldn't have been on the next flight leaving. Lawlessness in Manila is to the extreme.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Don't get me wrong dustin, I hate Cebu as much as everyone, but I will say traffic laws are enforced there to a certain extent. (Personal experience) but I will say it's much more organised and yes I have cheap led out that forum :smile:
    I've not been to manila and really don't want to ever go there if I can avoid it, my wife is from Cebu and every times she mentions going to visit the family my heart drops as I know the drive and stress sucks.
    It just surprises me that this island is so different from others!

5. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Don't get me wrong dustin, I hate Cebu as much as everyone, but I will say traffic laws are enforced there to a certain extent. (Personal experience) but I will say it's much more organised and yes I have cheap led out that forum :smile:
    I've not been to manila and really don't want to ever go there if I can avoid it, my wife is from Cebu and every times she mentions going to visit the family my heart drops as I know the drive and stress sucks.
    It just surprises me that this island is so different from others!

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Outside of Dumaguete (in the "province") it is almost identical to any other provincial area in the Philippines, though they might be more familiar with foreigners. Road laws are largely ignored in these areas. Dumaguete has an overpopulation problem, it has little to do with trikes, motorcycles or traffic laws (speaking of the Philippines here). The daytime population swells way over what the roads are designed for. Avoid the rush hours and you will have little problem driving in Dumaguete if you know what to watch out for driving here. It's really not that hard to do for those of us here not working.

And you aren't missing out on anything by avoiding Manila. It's a sh*t hole....I can't find much of anything good to say about it.

• Agree Agree x 1