Dumaguete Info Search

DFA to Open in Robinsons

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086

Sorry Michael but it is Totally Correct the DFA is only Responsible for Things Abroad or people wishing to have things done when out of the PI, the BI is Part of the Justice Department and is, as the US Homeland Agency and the UK Home Office, with the Immigration and Border Control as their Role. DFA are responsible for things Outside the PI so Passports are in that agenda, as the BI is responsible for things happening within the PI and as to who comes in and who can't & who stays for that Matter. The DFA can say which Filipinos can or can't leave the PI and thus issue Passports. Home Office/Department and Foreign Office/Department, have a Distinct Difference I hope you can agree.? :wink:

Jack:thumbsup:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I always thought the dfa were there to make things as difficult as possible for locals to leave the pi!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    So it would seem of Late, often wonder if they ever have a List of Turn downs as the BI does in certain Visas, if a Local wants to go OFW they have to submit just about their life History, When Azon wanted a name change on her Passport, they asked where was she going, Spain was included ( As I lived there.)
    I had to have my permission to Reside Translated, They would not Accept it as it had to be an Official Translation, Notarized at the Spanish Embassy Yeah Right!
    So we crossed that out and said UK, OK here's your Approval and 500 peso for changing the Form HUH! and we think the BI are bad enough.

Jack:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    You are partly correct. Making life difficult also is part of the BI department. As far as OFW's are concerned they are assisted (impeded) by many additional groups like PEDOS, OWWA and the list goes on and on, not to mention the employment agencies taking a chunk of change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    And so i went today, DFA dumaguete is the best government office I been! Entrance had 3 security guard(IMHO, they need only 1 guard) here’s the following steps for Passport Renewable;

1. Bring original Passport, 2 Identification card

2. 1 Photo copy passport first page and the last page

3. 1 Photo copy of 2 Identification card( I submitted Fire Arm License and Permit to Carry Lincense.

4. Window 1 took 2 minutes to wait

5. Window 4 Cashier took 1 minute(paid 950 pesos) advise to claim my new passport on 18 November 2015.

6. Window 5 waited 10 applicants ahead of me for photo capturing, took my lunch break while waiting for my turn. Spent 15 minutes at food court spent 140pesos(juice/bambooshoots veg/fish soup w/veg, and rice)

7. Back for my turn took 3 minutes for pictorial,e-fingerprint,e-signature.

Total time spent: arrive 11:15am finished before 12noon. The Staff were all nice and polite, they even have a senior priority service, and very important majority of the girls were no make up there’s only one girl with lipstick(it means they’re on sit to work)…:cat::cat::cat:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :rolleyes: Laughable, Opens Monday Reported today? Just love that bit about Opens several Months after it's announcement HA! How about 2+ Years.
    DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

Jack :cigar:

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Maybe they didn't believe it and wanted to make sure it actually opened before they reported on it. lol

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I wonder if Robinsons were collecting the rent all this time?:whistling:

Jack:meh:

• Funny Funny x 1