Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DI newbie intro.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aussie Diver, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Aussie Diver

Aussie Diver DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    G’day to all members here.....a lil bit about me..
    I’m a 51yo Aussie guy, who’s been living/retired here in the PI for the past 7 years....the past 5 yrs.have been @ Alona Beach, Panglao....prior to that I spent time in Sewerbic & AC.

I only started scuba diving 5 years ago, and I took to it, like a duck to water.......it’s what keeps me sane........it’s also a hobby of mine taking underwater (amateur) pics.
    Diving is what’s kept me here @ Alona, all that time.......the diving really is special here. Aside from diving here, there’s not much else for me.
    Alona IMO has turned to poo now, with the Chinese & Koreans taking over the place........give it another 7 or 8 more months when the new airport opens & it’ll be turmoil here.

I last dived at Dauin & Apo approx 3 years ago. I loved the diving there.
    I also got the feel of Dumaguete & surroundings, being chilled out kinda places.

Sooooo, in saying all that, I’m researching on where my next move will be to.
    Ive learnt quite a bit on here, as I’ve been lurking the past few nights.
    I’ll keep reading & ask questions if I need to.

Cheers for now :-)

2. cabb

cabb DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +591 / -0
    Welcome! Sure must be nice to be able to retire at 44 years old. I have to agree with you on the diving at Alona and Apo. The Korean's are turning the Philippines their own little playground. I remember Boracay 20 years ago, now it sucks. Haven't been to Alona in over 7 years, but it sounds like it's gone the same way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017