Dumaguete Info Search

Diabetes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Apr 13, 2013.

1. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Btw: I did not make up that list of foods. It was quoted from the article. You really can't argue with the nutritional facts concerning the food listed. Talk to a nutritionist (or simply Google it for free) if you wish to improve your diet and, ultimately, your health. Your choice, make up all the excuses you like, a healthy diet change is usually cheaper than eating the prepackaged crap in the stores.

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Total bullshit. You want to bet that even I or any one else wouldn't like it ? One of the hardest things to do is find bread here with no sugar in it. The bread here tastes like a sugar stick, no body, no substance, nothing to recommend it and one of the worst things to eat internationally. Try making a bacon sandwich with the local produce and its almost akin to vomit inducing. It doesnt even toast properly, toast being a change in the structural make up of the bread, and not the Filipino version or warming up old bread and making it hard on the outside and even harder on the inside but still pallid in colour. The market would definitely not crash. There is a huge demand for "proper bread" that a couple of foreigners have noticed and started to cater for. They at the moment, cannot make enough of it and the bread rolls at Casablanca are sugar free, usually sold out on most days. The nearest you can get to proper bread is called the "American Loaf" in Lee and I use it for toast and for toasted sandwiches. It's not the best, but it's the best I feel that you can get here. The blinkered difficulty here is the attitude of "God bless our way". There is an immature attitude of "we are not going to change because this is the way we have always done it" . Any suggestion to improve things is viewed as a criticism. Well, this is a definite criticism. Much of society here is sick, and sugar is going to make it a lot sicker, but of course, when it does, the plea will go out to other countries to throw tax money at this country to fix a problem that could have been prevented.

3. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

If you dont mind me saying sir, which is the majority of the population here? Filipinos or the foreigners? If you were the market, which would you cater? The majority or the minority? Talking about being sick, its not just philippines its all other countries that are getting sick and by the way, you cant just change whats already here and been going for decades just because you think its different in your country. I doubt about huge demand of no sugar bread, even if you ask the locals if they will prefer a no sugar bread then theyll tell you itll be impossible and to minimize eating rice would be close to impossible because thats been a part of our main diet and always has been.

all im saying is, its very hard to change what has been going on all these years. Dont worry i dont take anything you said as a critic as a matter of fact i think critic is good but there are things that you cant simply change. True diabetes is one of the biggest problem here but isnt all countries have problems? Take it for exAmple, in euro or western countries, cancer is one of their biggest health problem and theres been alot of studies that eating steaks and grilled foods have contribute in that but can you tell them to stop eating just because for that reason? Its not only philippines that has the attitude of "god bless our way" . :-)

I know how frustrating it is to not find a bread with less sugar content, i feel your frustration because my husband has the same problem but one has to learn to adapt the custom, tradition and lifestyle here. If you cant put up with it, its so much easier to just take the first flight back to your country and enjoy what you have back there with all the obese spoilt brat kids and even adults.

you can ask big bakeries like sans rival, bread camp etc to try cater your need for no sugar bread they might make it for you but if you ask them if itll be sellable for the public, i tell you theyll say no. The reason i know is i have done looking for no sugar breas around for my husband and its a hard work i understand.

4. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

What i am trying to emphasize to you is that the food you listed above, you just cant eat them without combining it with rice therefore theres your problem already (rice thats carbo) which means it wont still work. Do me a favor, ask your gf or wife how will she eats the food you mentioned above (if shes filipino) then maybe you can understand my point :-)

5. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    When we filipinos live in other countries we tend to fit in their society, adapt and respect their culture and tradition even fit in their lifestyle and we dont rants or whinge about the country or the people as much as you foreigners when you move here. If you find philippines too hard to live in wont it be easier to just stay where you came from? But u didnt choose that did u? Instead you came here on your free will therefore, learn to live whats already been in this country. Theres only 2 things you can choose here and i dont want to be harsh, its either you put up the filipino way or go back to where you come from. Whichever works best for you i wish you all the best.

6. cactus-jack

cactus-jack Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    extremely well said nice_sherwood I agree with you 100% and please be as harsh as you wish on that subject - i for one have not seen too many foreigners here looking trim taught and terrific clint eastwood types yet - far from it - most of them are obese slobs - barely able to walk properly - so people in glass houses should not throw stones and remember the one about the pot calling the kettle black

7. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

@cactus_jack- i dont want to sound harsh as much as possible but just trying to prove a point nothing personal and yes your right,if your gonna sit down at boulevard and watch the people that walk pass, filipinos age from 40-70 yrs old looks healthier looking than those foreigners on the same age. I just hate how some people love to rants and whinge in this forum yet they are still here putting up with the filipino sh*t. Theres no point for a foreigner to live here and spend the rest of his life worrying and getting upset on how our system works because if thats the case, they should stop coming here afterall they think its a pathetic country instead of learning to adjust. Its the minority that has to adjust to the majority not the other way around afterall its our country and now your country too so whinging wont help :-). Just my two cents

8. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Let me add, can you stop these foreigners thats been drinking from lunch till dawn at the pubs in dumaguete? Surely drinking is far worse than sugar isnt it? How about those who carry on like porkchops when they get arrested from smoking in public?no excuse for tht is there?

Rice is part of our everyday diet and always has been, but beer and smoking? Now thats a different story, but whichis more dangerous?

9. cactus-jack

cactus-jack Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well nice sherwood there are just too many arrogant loud mouthed foreigners with self imposed importance that seem to think they are so special and superior that they can put down others - but when the tables are turned they get all upset and sensitive it is quite funny actually and i advise you to view them with the utmost humour and just laugh at the idiocy of it rather than take them seriously - i assure you that back in their own countries their peers would certainly probably ridicule them for their flaws and imperfections which are possibly many - thus they are here and not there

10. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Dont worry jack, no matter what they say, sticks and stones may break my bones but words wont hurt me. Im not like some people here that take a critic seriously and some holds grudges, im not one of them. Its free country and everyone is entitled for their own opinion and yes i have seen alot of what you mean, " like a donkeys dick big when theyre out" :-)