Dumaguete Info Search

Diabetes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Apr 13, 2013.

1. sandgroper

sandgroper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey mate, that sounds just like the USA, I believe they are well and truly on the top of the TOO FAT list followed closely by the rest of Western society and I believe Australia is probably in there somewhere also.

2. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    @wrye83- I wasnt being defensive but it pisses me off when someone just shows no respect to my countrymen considering that theyre living here so my country is now theirs, we should learn to respect each other afterall when we filipinos move to other countries like i said we tend to obey the rules and adapt i hope you people will do the same.i have seen how many foreigners wrote negative comments against the filipinos and what i cant put up with is how malmoman said the fish here smelled far worse than a babyshit! i think thats way over the line and not acceptable. you people are lucky that you grew up in a country that has it all unfortunately we didnt so instead of making a big puss about it why cant you just try to think of something that can help the nation instead of constant whinging and ranting? thatll be the best thing to do. thats all im saying. Diabetes runs in the blood and it can pass on to generations

3. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

@sandgroper- i totally agree with you, USA is not far off philippines now. The country is broke @ss with Growing numbers of obese kids, did the govt take any actions to this? Their in the first 5 of the highest obesity rates, what have they done to resolve the issue?NOTHING, been to busy spending money on wars rather than their own people.

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm bored so I'm going to play the game and take this further off topic.

Are you talking about the US or the Philippines? I agree this is an unhealthy lifestyle but let's not act like there aren't the exact same problems here.

It is undeniable that many imported products are of much higher quality that that of local companies like Pure sh*t......err, I mean Pure Foods. Simply because someone buys imported foods does not mean they should be deported. A person does not have to like, or even accept, EVERY aspect of filipino life to live here. If that was law here you would have absolutely no tourism in the country and nearly every single foreigner would need to be deported. You likely would have never met your hubby and be living in Australia.

Much easier for a 3rd world resident to adapt to a western culture. The only thing they have to adapt to is living a better life and not being allowed to p*ss on public walls. For a Westerner to come to a 3rd world country takes much more adaptation. You are comparing apples and oranges.

You know what the difference is? Most foreigners are aware and acknowledge the health risks with being overweight. Very few are in denial, or ignorant, of the dangers of their lifestyle. And many can afford the Health care costs that come with living an unhealthy lifestyle. Most here are completely clueless on the dangers of an unhealthy lifestyle until it is too late. As long as there are people passing the buck and refusing to address the issue it will not change.

This thread was not about the problems in western countries. And most western countries are making attempts to address the issue as where here, many people just want to point the finger at other countries and say, "well they have a problem too!" and completely ignore their own problem. But hey, I've adapted to that aspect of filipino culture, I've come to expect the problem solving skills of a 5 year from your countryman. Aren't you glad I have adjusted to that? Or should I go home or be deported for pointing it out?

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I KNOW the US is fat. This was not about the problems of the US or any other country. I was pointing out a growing health problem HERE. d*mn, you know what, I don't care. Let the Filipinos get fat and die of heart disease, cancer, diabetes or any other problem they want to deny exist or say nothing can be done about. Pretty obvious why the Philippines is not leading the world in healthcare advances.

6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, the only thing the US government and state governments votes on is who our military is going to go screw up next. There is absolutely NOTHING else they do. :rolleyes:

Schools have adapted healthier lunch programs, taken soft drink and candy machine out, added juice machines and fruit machines in, promoting outdoor activities (this one has been slow in the US). Yes, you are correct, absolutely nothing has been done in the US to encourage a healthier lifestyle. Get real, Google something, educate yourself and stop the hating.

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I understand your aggravation but ignoring the problems here and being completely unable to take constructive criticism is one of the reasons it remains a 3rd world country.

8. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Dont you worry, USA is not far off isnt that the reason why your here? Because america's broke, if america has taken actions against obesity why its getting worse and worse? More fatties, bad for our eyes LMAO

9. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Brown or red rice has a flavour not flavourless like white rice, it is like white flour white sugar, white = rubbish – I mean foods lol

10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I understand the problems of the US more than you. I do not deny them. What is your obsession with the problems of the US? Or are you just trying to insult me and get me to deny a problem that the US clearly has. To be honest, I really don't care about most of the problems in the US. You're just making yourself look silly by completely ignoring the problems facing the Philippines. My original post was not meant to be taken personal. Informative in nature only.